The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 20, 2010, 09:29 AM   #1
45Gunner

Gun Racks

My new gun racks just arrived from Rick at Man About Racks. I am very happy with them and thought I would show them off. Thanks Rick. Great Job!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gun Racks-1.JPG (75.3 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg Gun Racks-4.JPG (71.7 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg Gun Racks-2.JPG (71.1 KB, 1032 views)
NRA Life Member
Old February 20, 2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Those look great! But you have too many guns. I will gladly accept the overflow in the interest of relieving the pressure on your new racks.
Old February 20, 2010, 11:15 AM   #3
45Gunner

Don,

Thanks for the very kindly offer. If you would do that for me, I will not have to order more racks for the rest of my guns. Would you also be willing to take some of ammo as I am running out of storage room in my ammo locker?
NRA Life Member
Old February 20, 2010, 11:25 AM   #4
DRice.72

I hope to have that problem someday!!!
Old February 20, 2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Scoob956

What are those made out of ?

Nice pics as well
Old February 20, 2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Doc Intrepid

Jeez, ya know, its a sad thing when you see a guy who is so careless with his magazines that way, all piled up and marginalized at the bottom of the world. You'd think at LEAST they would be color-coded by pistol and bar-coded by date of acquisition, and then slid into little velvet-lined slots arranged by date of manufacture and frequency of use, with little rubber caps over their lips to prevent any marring or scratches......

(Just kidding...)

(No good deed goes unpunished!)

Beautiful racks (but by my count those are only about half of your .45 collection, aren't they? - got more still on the way?)

Those look pretty slick!

You get any fancier and you're going to have to call it "art" and charge people admission to look at them!

Old February 20, 2010, 09:02 PM   #7
KRP

You really need more wheelguns.
Old February 20, 2010, 09:28 PM   #8
ZEBRARANGER

Thanks Mark,
Old February 21, 2010, 01:22 AM   #9
45Gunner

Doc,

You are absolutely right! Got a whole bunch more guns that need to be shown off with the same royal treatment these lucky ladies have received. I wanted to see what Rick could do and I am pretty darn pleased. My next order will be a little more complex as I want to move the wheel guns into their own racks and you may have noticed the little Colt Mustang off to the top right? I need a set of racks for some of my mouse guns.

What can't be seen are the six door holsters I have attached to the inside of the safe door. I have always kept those guns in Condition One, with the plan being if someone ever forced me to open the safe, I had a way to put up a fight once the door was opened. However, referring back to the guns I have hidden about the house, the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim.

With the wheel guns in their own home, I can move two more 1911's into the slots. I have a few guns hiding about the house but I really like the night stand rack which holds the tactical flashlight next to the gun. I might ask Rick to make one of those for me and to see if we can add a place to put eyeglasses for those of us too old to retain 20/20 vision.

I hope you guys enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I do. I have to sneak a peak in the safe every now and again just to enjoy the view. It is the first time since I've starting collecting that I can enjoy seeing these babies all at the same time other than schlepping them out of the safe to my desk.
NRA Life Member

Last edited by 45Gunner; February 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM.