The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 1, 2019, 08:05 AM   #26
Destructo6

I do like B&T stuff, but I can't justify the cost.

The Scorpion was the right price for the right thing, from a company I like and respect.

If I'd spent much more, I'd probably gone with a AR-based PCC or a SIG MPX.

Keep all of them clean.
Old February 1, 2019, 08:56 AM   #27
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
Looking on gun.deals I'm seeing a price difference of more like $500-$600. But I'll keep an eye out as the B&T is nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I never find 'deals' by looking at listed prices, I find them by calling.
Another 'trick' I've had some success with is to group email several vendors asking for best price, often one will undercut the previous. The last pair of B&T's I bought was last summer and they were just under $2300 delivered.
Old February 1, 2019, 11:18 AM   #28
Fishbed77

Quote:
I see you ignored the part where spoke of a couple hundred bucks after upgrades to the CZ
And you ignored that part where upgrades to the Scorpion are based on personal preference and are not necessary. If you want a brace for your Scorpion pistol, you have to pay for it. If you want a brace for your BHM9 pistol, you have to pay (more) for it.

The Scorpion is less expensive than the BHM9 and upgrades/accessories to it are less expensive than the BHM9. That can't be disputed, outside of unverifiable reports of "calling around." No one is saying the BHM9 is not a good firearm or that it's not worth its asking price. In fact it is a budget offering compared to B&T's APC9.

Really, why buy a BHM9, when you can just save up "a couple hundred bucks" and buy a superior APC9?

The only thing brought into question is your math, not the quality of the gun.

Quote:
a) Apples to oranges comparison (or maybe Honda to Ferrari)
b) Again I would really suggest you learn how to call around and price shop better
Can't dispute the Honda to Ferrari comparison. Both have 4 wheels and go from point A to B. One is less expensive, more reliable, costs less to run, and is more widely adopted. One is flashier, fun, and more expensive. Both are great in their own ways.

Quote:
Im sorry your gal lost dude - seems you're still bitter about the other posting.
Not sure what gal we are talking about and who lost what?

Quote:
Mine all fire bullets.....go figure
I would be game for an on camera head to head shoot off between one of my B&T's versus your CZ. I'll even let you pick the stakes....say winner gets to take the others weapon home? I'll even front you a failure
I never made this a competition. That is your take. I merely pointed out the fault in your mathematics, and have not seen you post anything to dispute it, just nebulous statements about "calling around".

But I'm not really into internet peeing contests, so I'll leave it that.

Feel free to continue posting you opinions, and maybe you can find hard data to back them up. Or perhaps you would rather just start a new thread devoted to the BHM9 where you can extol its virtues without sidetracking the discussion of a different product?
Old February 1, 2019, 05:42 PM   #29
Old 454

Lolol... ^^^ well said
Old February 1, 2019, 06:01 PM   #30
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post

Boy oh boy I sure hurt your feelings.....would a hug help?
Old February 2, 2019, 12:51 PM   #31
Old 454

Naaa you didnt hurt my feelings.

Everyone to each there own.
Old February 5, 2019, 07:26 AM   #32
ROCK6

The CZ Scorpion "pistol" with brace is a fun, handy little package. Out of the box it's fine, but there are a ton of aftermarket accessories and upgrades. The more you shoot it, you might find yourself delving into the upgrade world.

I also own a GHM9 and MPX-K with collapsible braces and they're fine in their own right, but price differences can be a factor. I don't really like to compare them as I think the GHM9 (as well as the APC models) are extremely well finished and smooth. The only downside with my GHM9 is the trigger...it kind of sucks and upgrades are not proving to help (mostly light hammers = light strikes). I'll eventually get it smoothed out a little.

The MPX-K is actually my favorite mostly because of familiar controls. The magazines are the most expensive but the most robust of magazine choices (now that Magpul is making CZ magazines at a very reasonable price is a big advantage).

The CZ is still a blast and I have the K-kit waiting for me at home. I did add a new grip, changed the safeties, and added an HBI trigger kit. I also have the folding stock with Tailhook brace waiting to be attached (or not), we'll see.

Fort the grip, the standard SMG configuration with stock make the grip angle less of an issue. With many of the braces, it sits differently and the angle doesn't go over so well. As many have heard, the safety selector can be bothersome on your trigger finger side. I really haven't had the issue, but other options are inexpensive and easy to swap out. Another simple and excellent upgrade is the magazine release. It's a simple change and the paddle upgrade makes magazine changes a little more intuitive.

I waited before I upgraded the trigger. It's not the best, but it's not that bad either. However, once I switched to a lighter spring and flat trigger upgrade, it was a noticeable improvement.

If anything, I love these braced "pistols".

ROCK6

Last edited by ROCK6; February 5, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old February 6, 2019, 03:11 PM   #33
Uncle Malice

I'm all in favor of the Scorpion.

My business partner has the MPX and a GHM9... The MPX is a joke. It constantly has issues (typical with MPX's). The GHM has a nice fit and finish but there's very little aftermarket and it's definitely had more failures than my Scorpion.

The GHM has a bit softer recoil than the Scorpion - but it's 9mm, who cares?

Shooting suppressed, the Scorpion is a much better gun.

I like shooting his guns occasionally, but I wouldn't trade my Scorpion for them.

Additionally, TBM900 should probably calm down with the ego and smart-aleck replies. That's not really how we do things here. Take that stuff to the other forums. If you want to discuss the merits of each, then go for it, but knock off the ad hominems and unsubstantiated claims.
Old February 6, 2019, 03:44 PM   #34
CalmerThanYou

Meh....I have a MPX with thousands of rounds down range and it is rock solid.

The Scorpion and B&T are both great, and small enough to have them both.
Old February 6, 2019, 04:22 PM   #35
Mal H
Staff

Enough with the bickering between two of the participants here!

Old 454 bought the pistol he wanted, so any further discussion is pointless, especially the type of "discussion" that came later in the thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread