The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2019, 10:21 PM   #1
Doc Holliday 1950

left handed

I'm left handed and want a good quality inside the pant holster for a Ruger LCR 1.87" 327 mag Revolver. I'd prefer to stay under $100. Does anyone have any suggestions?

As usual, all suggestions regarding this post are welcome.

Doc

Doc
Old February 17, 2019, 11:04 PM   #2
Doc Holliday 1950

This is the first time that "NOBODY" offered their experience or had no answers.
Living in a state that requires that your Pistol/Revolver must be carried hidden presents problems that I never had to deal with. FYI, my Gun Smith offered me a ITW holder made for LCRs. If it works that's super, but if it doesn't, I'm not responsible for the cost.
I forgot. I have posted in the past that I trusted no GS nor their employees.Well I was wrong & I did find 2 GS's that werea honest as well as experts in the trade.

Doc
Old February 18, 2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

Sorry, Doc. I missed this one or would have responded. I don't have the LCR you mention, but given your location (as south as it gets), I'd be looking at either Stealthgear or something in kydex. I use the SG Revolution, which unfortunately isn't made for the LCR. (The ventilated backing on those makes a world of difference.) It looks like you could get a SG Ventcore, though.

I'm not a kydex guy, so I'll leave that half of the equation for someone that knows more than I do about it.

Good luck!