The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 3, 2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Nathan

Pocket Holster for CW380

Posted this on Kahr talk and didn't get much....thought I would try here...

I have a prosthesis on my left side...this makes me want to carry cw380 and spare mag in 1 pocket. I have a pretty good reload method. Time wise, I do pretty well in IDPA with 2 handed folk.

The story with this gun is pretty basic. I have a Keltec P32. It is a fine pistol and an ok carry gun, but a little weak. Still ok.

Then I see the CW380 which has real sights and a bigger caliber, with slide lock and the small size/weight of the P32. I say, I gotta buy it. Well, at $350+ locally, I pass. When I saw it at PSA for $239 Black Friday, I knew I needed one!

So now it is on the way, but what holster? I know it will be pocket carry. Mostly shorts, but some winter coat carry...90% med size square pockets. Willing to carry the mag separate, but my P32 experience says it should be on my right side. Belt carry is a no go. This gun will offer be in sweat pants, etc.

Remora seems like a decent idea, if it works and if it can be put in a pocket. Opinions?

Recluse looks good, but I'm a little nervous about the trigger holder. Experience?

If I had my druthers, it would be a holster and mag together, sewn at the bottom to a flat piece of leather formed into a wallet shape that is formed over the back of the gun to hide any sticking out of the rear pocket and to provide some draw guide. Any options like this?

Really want a closed bottom to stop lint.
Old December 4, 2014, 05:52 PM   #2
Nathan

Crickets Huh?
Old December 7, 2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Nathan

Well, I'm going to try this product out: Maelwear Pocket Holster

I like the closed muzzle end and wallet profile. I worry a bit about the draw, but I'll know soon.
Old December 9, 2014, 07:26 PM   #4
Armybrat

Saw your question on the Kahr Forum, but all I know about pocket holsters is the Desantis Nemesis that my LCP rides in. That pic you posted looks intriguing to me - I don't carry an extra mag, but would consider it with a rig like that one.

Congrats on the great deal you got for your CW380. Almost jumped on it myself, but decided to go with something a little different. I bought one of those new CT380s which is slightly longer & taller than your CW380, and it is 7+1 capacity. It sure is a nest lil' mousegun. Haven't done anything with mine yet. Paid $289 for it from Bud's. The LCP's Desantis holster is note quite deep enough to cover the CT380 trigger, so I'll be looking for something more suitable.

I too have a KT P32 (1st generation with hard chrome slide) - carried it some a few years ago, but retired it to the safe after acquiring the LCP. That P32 is a good reliable little shooter. Might give it to my granddaughter who may need some sort of self defense device when she's out on her own.

Good luck in your search for a rig that suits your needs.
Old August 17, 2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Nathan

I just wanted to update on actual use. I have been using it for about a year with my Kahr CW380. When setup right, it is very easy to use. The gun never just comes out in the pocket. It holds an extra mag. Over time, it has broke in some, but is quite functional and has maintained its shape well.

While I like a belt holster and bigger gun, this is usually my carry in the summer.