The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 4, 2009, 04:17 AM   #51
RDak

Quote:
BTW, through family and family friends, the Winchester model 90 and Mossberg are spoken for...plus four of the handguns. Which four? Um...yeah, I don't remember. Der.
GOOD!! I bet the Colt is one of those four. Whew, I thought you were going to let that one get out of the family/friends!!
Old August 4, 2009, 01:27 PM   #52
Ruffian

Another update

Okay, I called a recommended gun shop and got their advice. Rather than bring all the guns in, they said to bring in a list of guns and they'll research values. *We* set the price that the dealer will sell them for, and he'll take 20%. What I need to do is figure out what the four handguns are that were already moved, and then figure out exactly what some of these question mark pieces are.

HUGE thanks Freakshow for identifying that Lee Enfield--that's precisely what I need to do before I bring the guns in.

BTW, Rdak, if the Colt is not one of the guns that was moved, I have said we'll take it. I need to show a picture of that one, too, to make sure that's what you're talking about. IIRC, the gun doesn't really say much on it beyond what I typed in the list.
Old August 5, 2009, 07:53 AM   #53
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
KBI 380 unable to locate serial #
Russian handgun 1j70-17A BHC 4812 “Made in Russia by Imez” serial #
KBI is the company that imported the pistol. In this case, it is likely an FEG manufactured .380 pistol from Hungary.

The Russian handgun is a Makarov manufactured by Izhvesk (Baikal). The -17A marking means it should be chambered in .380ACP (though you may want to check that) and that it has a single stack magazine instead of a higher capacity double stack magazine. Prices seem to run about $250-300 depending on condition.
Old August 16, 2009, 11:17 AM   #54
Ruffian

Just thought I'd update you all...

...my mother and husband dropped off all of the guns at a recommended consignment shop yesterday, and a friend of ours bought and picked up the gun safe. Mom is very relieved to have them all out of the house, and very grateful--she said it never would have occurred to her o have done it this way.

I was surprised at some of the prices; the Remington XB target rifle he's only listing at $350, but there are a hundred and one different reasons why that may have been. Still, some of the other prices were nicer than I anticipated, so it evened out. The dealer also took all of the unopened ammo, some holsters, and various other accessories. Mom is pleasantly stunned; she's looking at about $3000+ incoming to her after the dealer takes his 20%. It really is a nice outcome--she's not going to get the best prices, but she's going to get a fair one...AND they're all out of the house.

Thank all of you, again, for your guidance. This really was a large task, and I feel it was done well. I would not have had much clue what to do without you! Thank you from all of us!