The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 25, 1999, 05:55 AM   #1
Ned Roundtree

Christmas just getting started here. Visited two relatives on Christmas Eve and exchanged stuff. Now its Christmas Morning and more relatives are arriving. Santa has brought me two cowboy shirts,cowboy bookends,Uberti 73 Winchester Border Rifle,shotgun shells,Winchester 2000 calendar,Tactical Carbine Video Tape....Gotta go, more folks arriving.
Old December 26, 1999, 04:07 AM   #2
Hal

Marlin Cowboy II in .357/.38, it was an early present, but still close enough to qualify time wise. Winchester Trapper in .45LC, had to make sure it would work Ok, so a little pre-Christmas firing was just a test. 2 Boxes of .357Mag, I wanted .45LC Cowboy loads, but it seems that everybody was out of them. 1000 small pistol primers and 1000 large pistol primers. The other things were much better though, family and friends are the best gifts of all.
Old December 26, 1999, 07:40 AM   #3
Ned Roundtree

I agree RAE, the best gift of all is the celebration of Christmas and family and friends brought together.
Old December 27, 1999, 01:12 PM   #4
Trigger Jerk

This year Santa didn'y bring me nothin' to do with Cowboy shootin. But...last year my ma hand stitched a cowboy shirt fer me. When I opened it she was real anxious fer me to try it on. When I did I found out why...she had gone and done hid a hunerd doller bill in each sleeve. Pertty dern nice ov her I figgured.
Old December 30, 1999, 10:07 AM   #5
Ned Roundtree

That's a great Christmas story and gift. Here in Kentucky, finding authentic cowboy clothes is hard. Oh yeah, I can get on the internet and visit sites. But it is not the same as feeling and touching the geniune article. So, my sis-in-law found me a real nice cowboy era shirt to go with my outfit. That was real nice of her. She is scared of guns and disapproves of my CAS. So the shirt was a real nice jesture.
Old December 30, 1999, 10:44 AM   #6
El Chimango Pete

An Ashley Ghost Ring sight set for my Marlin 45/70 'Guide gun' - and (not cowboy) a Swarovski 6x42 scope for a 308 I'm customizing - from the missus, who found out what she gave me when I opened the package
(she got a set of classical music CD's from me in exchange, I discovered at the time) - but i guess the gift really was getting a very large extended family together - a rare event that were only just getting over.
Hasta pronto!

Old December 30, 1999, 10:31 PM   #7
Judge Blackhawk

Santa blessed us with the ability to provide for my son and daughter at least one more Christmas with the magic of Mr. Claus. I figure that next year my son who will be 9, will have finally figured out who is Santa and the magic will be a little less.

Nothing like the shiney eyes of children who wake you up with a "Daddy, do you think he came last nite", and then going down the hall with them as we discover the magic together and the wonderful gifts that Mr. Claus left in celebration of a wonderful little baby born so long ago.

God Bless you all and may you all have a shiney eye and the blessing of peace in the coming years. May the Lord bless you with children and family with whom you can celebrate the joys of life.

May you have children to pass down your knowledge and wisdom. May you teach your children to respect life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

Judge Blackhawk