The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 22, 2022, 01:25 AM   #1
ninosdemente

Electronic Ear buds?

I have Walker Razor Slim but now want to move on to electronic ear buds. After for a couple of hours, they are uncomfortable and sweaty. I have been using these for more than a year and finally want to find a replacement for the ear muffs. For those who use them, what are you using and any difficulties when using them? Any help, will greatly be appreciated.

I have see the Walkers Silencer 2.0 BT.... sale on line but they are out of stock.

Thank you in advanced.
Old June 22, 2022, 10:00 AM   #2
ocharry

i bought a set made by axle i think. i also have a set of walker slim and howard leight impact sports muffs

i like the walker muffs better than the howard......but i am not impressed at all with the buds.

first, i dont think they offer as much protection and for me i cant keep them seated in my ear, they seem to keep squirting out. not to falling out but losing their seal, so i seem to be always fiddling with them pushing them back in my ear, especially if i am sweaty

i have worn ear protection mostly plugs at work for most of my life, they dont bother me that way.....never had a set of plugs act like these things do. for a quick shot i guess they are ok, or better than nothing but if im gona wear them for a long time i prefer the walkers and i think the muffs do a better job

could be just me and my ears. i do have some tinites(spelling) so i dont want it any worse!

so would i buy the buds again??? no i dont think i would, they work ok i guess but not enough and for me they just dont make the grade

my .02

ocharry
Old June 22, 2022, 02:33 PM   #3
Piranha451

I currently use the 3M Peltor TEP-100 earbuds. I find them to be comfortable and have no problem with them remaining seated.
Old June 24, 2022, 02:05 PM   #4
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninosdemente
I have see the Walkers Silencer 2.0 BT..
I have those. They work for shooting . Bluetooth is not well integrated with sound suppression and sound amplification…..so Bluetooth cuts out a lot.

They do get sweaty and then get loose, but are easily bumped back in.
Old June 26, 2022, 11:13 PM   #5
ninosdemente

Thanks Nathan for your reply.... well sucks that one may have to put them back in place. Just curious if BT loses connection, why so popular? I saw them they are on backorder in Midway..... perhaps due to lower price.

I was thinking on getting those but if it doesn't do what is suppose to, then may have to go different route. Am willing to spend money but if may cause problems with connection and not helping with sound. Then won't get them. Wonder if other who use them have these problems as well.
Old June 26, 2022, 11:53 PM   #6
AzShooter

I have the SElectronic Ear Bud Headset with the flexible neck worn cord from Walker and have been very happy with them. They are comfortable and really make hearing conversations and range commands easy. They also shot out the sound of gunfire. I use them for Steel Challenge Matches that last a few hours and the squad fires close to 1000 rounds.

The charge lasts about 15 hours so I can manage a couple of days shooting without having to recharge them.

Last week I bought the Walker Silencer Ear Buds and I'm happy with the fit and quality of sound. They take a #10 battery so I don't need to find a charging unit. They have 4 sets of cushions so you can find the ones that fit your ears the best.

With either set I have no trouble going back to my hearing aids after practice or a match.
Old June 27, 2022, 12:18 AM   #7
ninosdemente

AzShooter, do you have a link of the SElectronic Ear Bud?

For the Walker Silencer Ear Buds... did they fall off from using them after some a long period? Unfortunately I do sweat, don't know how much of a factor that may be with the Walkers.
Old June 27, 2022, 12:31 AM   #8
ninosdemente

Piranha451, are these the ones you have?

https://www.amazon.com/EEP-100-Recha...al%2C90&sr=1-2

or similar?
Old June 27, 2022, 12:49 AM   #9
ninosdemente

Ocharry, thanks for your input. Sure is helpful. As mentioned, I am one to sweat easily, so fitting is a factor. If it weren't for the uncomfortable of the Walkers I have I would not be trying to look for an alternative. Seems like the only option I have is to actually buy the ones I am interested in and test them out on the range. Although I don't spend all day at the range, at least there for 4hrs and that is enough for my ears to be bothered.

I have seen these advertised on facebook.... wasn't sure about them.

https://www.amazon.com/AXIL-Electron...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Old June 27, 2022, 08:09 AM   #10
AzShooter

I bought them from MidwayUSA.Com.

I've never had them slip out of my ear and I live in Phoenix where it gets over 110 and I sweat without problems.

Good luck and good shooting.
Old June 28, 2022, 05:39 AM   #11
Nathan

Quote:
Just curious if BT loses connection, why so popular? I saw them they are on backorder in Midway..... perhaps due to lower price.
They don’t lose connection. They just struggle switching from Bluetooth to blocking wind or gun shot noise, then back to Bluetooth. Most devices are seamless here, but listening to music with light wind drives these things bonkers! I sent them back for warranty. They sent a new pair. Same issue. They told me to use the app. No help.
Old June 28, 2022, 11:12 PM   #12
Piranha451

ninosdemente

The ones I have look similar, but are TEP, not EEP. Here is the link for info on the 3M site: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000232018/