The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 23, 2018, 08:06 PM   #26
mikemyers

Thanks!!

I've learned a lot since then. I can load, shoot, and clean now, and I think I bought just about everything I should have. I've read several wonderful websites with great information.

I figure for me, I should just get comfortable doing all this. Maybe next year I'll be able to change things, and optimize them for better results. The fellow teaching me, who heads up the BP group, has suggested what I should do - they're not exactly "rules", but I'm taking them as if they were. He wants me to do 20 grains, no problem. He wants me to load only one of the six chambers, ditto. I agree with him.

(I bought a progressive RCBS reloader, but until I got comfortable, I only did one round at a time. Eventually I bumped that to 2, and eventually got to where I use the reloader as it was intended to be used. It's like learning how to crawl, then walk, and eventually run.)

Again, thanks! If you ever get to Ft. Lauderdale, that's where my club is located.