The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 1, 2019, 10:29 AM   #1
keithdog

Trying to decide between two styles.

I purchased an OWB holster from Veeder Holsters a couple years ago and really like their quality. I am now planning to purchase an IWB holster but I am very torn between two models they have. One having the single clip and the other having the double clip. I've had single clip IWB holsters without the leather shield and had no issue with it. But I hear many folks talk about the increased comfort of using an IWB holster with the leather shield. Both look good. Just thought I would see if anyone here has used both or either style and what your opinion is of either. Here are the two I am considering.
Old December 1, 2019, 10:36 AM   #2
keithdog

Well dang, I keep trying to download the image files and it won't work. I keep getting messages the file is invalid. Never had that happen here before. So I hope you all know the style I am looking at. Kydex IWB holster with horsehide leather sweat shield, with one belt clip or two.
Old December 2, 2019, 07:20 AM   #3
keithdog

Lets try to load the images again. There we go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thJ9QCH6IT.jpg (11.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg thPDKNNM5M.jpg (10.7 KB, 23 views)
Old December 2, 2019, 12:52 PM   #4
jmhyer

In my personal experience, the two clip holster is much more stable and comfortablethan single clip models for IWB carry at the 3:00-4:30 position.
Old December 2, 2019, 01:02 PM   #5
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhyer View Post
In my personal experience, the two clip holster is much more stable and comfortablethan single clip models for IWB carry at the 3:00-4:30 position.

I agree with this guy; although I’ve never used a single-clip holster but when I was carrying IWB, that wider holster with the two clips seemed to be about as stable as you could get, but I’m sure the trade-off with it, is that it adds more bulk between you and your pants, making it probably somewhat a little more uncomfortable. But, I don’t feel you’d need as stiff of a gun belt with that wider holster. Although I will add- if I had had a stiffer gun belt at the time, I might not have had to cinch the belt down as tight to hold my jeans up as I did with a much floppier belt than I use now while carrying OWB. Don’t know because I never tried it but I will also add that that’s pretty much why I quit carrying inside the waistband because I had to cinch my belt down so tight... and that was even when I was using a very lightweight little sub-compact Ruger 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old December 2, 2019, 10:15 PM   #6
keithdog

The thing that attracts me to the single clip is the less bulk, and quicker on and off of the holster. I've had standard Kydex single clip IWB holsters and they always stayed put when drawing the gun. I would think a single clip with the leather sweat guard would do the same even more so.
Old December 4, 2019, 01:33 PM   #7
BradS

IMHO, the single clip holster would work fine with Sub-Compact size handguns.
As others have said the double clip spreads the weight out and is more stable if you intend on carrying a larger handgun.
Old December 4, 2019, 01:58 PM   #8
keithdog

This holster would be for carrying a WALTHER PPS-M2.