The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 25, 2012, 02:16 PM   #26
youngunz4life

MLeake, people get attached to them even though they can be validly considered tools (and not in a bad way). they are sort of different then cars where most people will sell theres if they get a chance before purchasing another. I would also state that they are an investment (not bought for an investment usually but worth something and then some in more ways than one like if inherited as only one example).
Old September 25, 2012, 02:51 PM   #27
Mike Irwin
Staff

Personal rule number 1.

Don't sell guns.

Oh yeah... I don't sell tools, either.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:45 AM   #28
compdocjoe

I sold off all my guns and ammo and now live the quiet retired life.
Old September 26, 2012, 07:28 AM   #29
Yung.gunr

I've sold two guns in my life. One was a lemon and getting rid of it was the best thing I ever did. The other was because I didn't want it too much after buying it. I regretted it shortly after. But, as time goes on and other guns make their way into the safe I forget about that one. I say sell/trade it.

Life is too short to hang onto a possession you only partially like and don't use much.
Old September 26, 2012, 02:48 PM   #30
youngunz4life

yunggunr,

I am one of those backers of the gift threads too. some people might think it is an inappropriate gift when a firearm is involved but actually a little shock, awe, surprise makes people remember a present instead of some cash you totally forget amount. a gun can be used a lifetime plus more
Old September 27, 2012, 02:31 PM   #31
doofus47

I'll sell if I don't like a firearm for some reason. Or I'll sell if there's no longer a use for a firearm in caliber X, or for logistical reasons if the caliber overlaps with something that I already own (30-06 / 8x57 Mauser).

If I had something that was given to me, I might keep it even though it weren't "useful."

Same with bikes and computers and cars.