The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 28, 2009, 12:18 AM   #26
Double Naught Spy

Hair is very diagnostic at a microscropic level, at least readily down to family in most cases. Some can be fairly readily identified at the macroscopic level, but much closer and with better resolution than what is in the above images. That clump of hair could be any number of critters, although most of the best guess assessments have already been taken.
Old September 28, 2009, 01:09 AM   #27
troy_mclure

nutria?
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old October 1, 2009, 11:40 PM   #28
gunn308

Don't know about down there but up here when the cats start disappearing there's a fisher around they love cats and porcupine, we call them the black cat of the woods, I watched one make a bear back off from a bait that 250 lb. bruin just waited his turn he wasn't gonna tangle with that 15 lb. weasel. That clump of hair looks to be too stiff for fisher.
Old October 2, 2009, 01:24 AM   #29
Lawyer Daggit

Is the hair like bristle?

Feral pigs usually cannot avoid rooting and tunneling under fences- if they are about there is usually plenty of sign.
Old October 2, 2009, 11:30 PM   #30
onlyme

Flagler Beach...?

That is one of my favorite places to visit when I come down for bike week... I ain't seen no hogs (But I wouldn't mind now that I want one) ...but I have seen the alligators and crocs there and down the west coast and up the east coast while I camp. ??? You sure the winds have'nt blown in "new" but "old" neighbors? Ok about the cats, if u don't care, but I hope you don't have dogs that run that beautiful beach. Sorry, just a thought. You have the most beautiful place in the world for riding though!!!