The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 15, 2007, 07:20 AM   #101
Travis Two

The thread does NOT need to be closed. There are still people being ripped off and there are still new people to the forum that need this info. Keeping the word and the thread alive is important.
Old June 18, 2007, 05:35 AM   #102
Shooter451

This Thread Is Important to Warn New Members

The poor service record that NBC that has established is a PUBLIC record and may be viewed by anyone by going to the site of the AG of Ohio or to the BBB of Cleveland site.

If there was not a problem with deliveries and getting refunds from National Bullet Company, then there wouldn't be a need for this thread; HOWEVER, there IS a problem. People don't get items ordered in a timely manner nor do they get refunds even when promised by the owner, Ken. NBC often does not answer the BBB of Clevelend and the AG's office of Consumer Complaints had 48 cases listed when I first looked at them.

The only people who would benefit from closing this thread is National Bullet, not rank and file shooters. Perhaps they suggested it.
Old June 18, 2007, 09:04 AM   #103
AAshooter

I, for one, appreciate this thread. I had heard of this company and it came highly recommended. After doing some research, I found this thread as well as others. As a result, I decided my business needed to go elsewhere.

By keeping the thread open, you can get some indication of how things are going and whether things are getting better or not.
Old June 22, 2007, 06:30 AM   #104
FatWhiteMan

Close this thread? It needs a sticky!
Old June 22, 2007, 07:44 PM   #105
BluesBear

Location: Mill Creek, Washington (The Great Pacific NorthWet)
markjan1000, do you have the contact info for the Ohio AG office?
I'm still getting the runaround from them.
Their "new" summer hours are from 10am-4pm EDT. I guess they only feel the need to work six hours per day.
Of course no one actually answers the phone. I try 4 or 5 times per day and it's always the answering machine.
I did finally get an e'mail about a month ago saying they'd take care of it immediately.

mrawesome22 no one is forcing you to read this thread. Just ignore it and you'll have more time to pound sand.

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.
(Chris Curino - Kimber Mfg. Co.)

Old June 22, 2007, 08:33 PM   #106
Shooter451

Address on the WWW for Ohio AG

https://agcares.ag.state.oh.us/public/landing.aspx

Click on "File A Complaint". Do NOT try to upload files to them when it says to do so, it often crashes (their words). Instead, FAX supporting files to them at 614-728-7583 with your case number assigned by the site. Print the page for your records when it says to print the page. Also, they have an 800 number posted you can call first and the snailmail address is on the site as well.

Best regards.

S451
Old June 22, 2007, 10:23 PM   #107
BluesBear

I just checked my invoice from 08/11/06...

It says "Last year out cstomers gave $465.67 to the NRA Round-Up."

I wonder if they really did or not?
Does the NRA how NBC treats NRA members?

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.

Old June 23, 2007, 03:03 AM   #108
mrawesome22

Sorry for trying to get this thread closed. I didn't realize people were getting ripped off.

Again, sorry. I will do some digging on this company (I live in OH) and will do my darndest to keep myself informed of this company's misdoings.

LOL, I feel like Zumbo!
Old June 23, 2007, 08:23 AM   #109
Mal H
Staff

Note to readers
Please - no more posts on "close the thread / no keep it open".

The thread will remain open as long as the forum rules are not violated in any fashion. That is true of practically all threads and not just this one. If the information is of value, there is no need to close it and certainly no need to discuss whether it should be closed or not.
Old June 23, 2007, 02:58 PM   #110
copdills

sorry about the problem your having , but thanks for the heads up
Old June 27, 2007, 05:57 PM   #111
Cit72

I wish I had seen this thread . . .

. . . three weeks ago before placing my order with NBC. Their web site promises one to two week delivery. I e-mailed after two weeks and their response was the order will be shipped by the end of the week (that was last week). I just e-mailed NBC again and their reply was that my order will be shipped by next Monday. I now have my doubts.
Old July 11, 2007, 04:29 PM   #112
Cit72

My order was not received after NBC's second promised shipping date. NBC has not replied to my e-mails since July 2, the support ticket I started on July 3, nor to the fax I sent them on July 5.

I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General.
Old July 11, 2007, 06:19 PM   #113
Richard285

I received this e mail on the 8th of July

Save 20% Extra Today Only

Just enter Coupon Code 777 in the Redeem Box on our checkout form and click the redeem
button and 20% will be subtracted from the items that you're buying.

Offer Good Only Sunday July 8th 2007

Follow this link to our web site nationalbullet.com and get your 20% Off today.

I guess business is not what it use to be. Thanks guys I was about to order from them before I found this Thread
Old July 11, 2007, 07:49 PM   #114
hsuis2cool

National Bullet Company... Stay away!!!!!!

I think enough had been said here, I am just going to add that I am just another victim of the National Bullet company Scam. I would also like to add that their spam email they stated:
"Please Note:We will no longer charge any order until the day before it ships. If there is adelay in shipping your order you won't be paying your credit card bill before you receive your order. Now you can take advantage of any sales without havingto pay up front.You can get extra savings by registering on our web site, best of all it's FREE.Visit our web site today http://nationalbullet.comBest Regards, National Bullet Co. Staff

Which is not true since they charged $167 on my credit card on 11/06 and until now I still has not seem the item.

J H
Old July 13, 2007, 11:23 PM   #115
mstuhr

Add me to the list O' dum basses

Howdy,
They got me too. I had a similar bad experience with Penn although they did not charge my card but could not produce the bullets after taking the order.
I thought "Hmmmm, I used to get pretty good bullets fron NBC"
I never bothered to research them and had good service and product in years gone by. That was June 23,they charged my card immediatly. I'm getting excuses and I'd like to believe them but I am going to file complaint with BBB, atty Gen. and Visa.
I can see a person getting caught up in a clerical error or such but the more I read about NBC the more it looks like a way of life for them. I hope the company gets better or dies soon as it looks like to me they are still taking people's money while knowing they cant produce a product.
Tell all your friends and help get the word out.
I felt a little unfortunate before I read all of these things but now I feel like a victim.
Thanks for all your posts
Mike
Old July 13, 2007, 11:52 PM   #116
BluesBear

Has anyone been able to reach NBC by telephone in the past month?
I call everyday and ALWAYS get their answering machine.
Are they actually too busy working to answer the phone or are they screening their calls?

Maybe we ought to start calling then several times a day and just fill up their answering machine.
Perhaps even give them the phone number of the Ohio Attorney General's office so they can call and see just how many complaints they've gotten.

Old July 14, 2007, 12:18 AM   #117
BIGR

I never heard of that so called company. After reading the thread it appears they might be a rip off ?
Old July 15, 2007, 10:12 PM   #118
Guy B. Meredith

Has anyone checked to see whether they are involved in any legal action? I had problems with a British sports car garage, got a sad song, checked and found they had their own revolving door to the Small Claims court and immediately filed my own claim. A $350 disagreement cost them over $1000 as they did not show up to contest my claim.

PC = Agenda driven groupthink filter on reality.

Apostrophes denote ownership or missing letters NOT plurals!
Old September 7, 2007, 08:10 PM   #119
Frank_D

Those National Bullet guys are a bunch of scammers. They'll charge your credit card immediately, then give ya a BS story about supplies coming in any day now. Then they'll say your order is shipping wednesday. When it doesn't show and you call them on it, they'll say there was a mix up and its going out next friday. And on, and on, and on. I've been listening to their lies for four months now. After a while, they recognize your number on caller ID and let their answer machine pick it up. They have my money and new unprimed brass I bought for the occasion. What I got in return was the shaft. Stay as far away as possible from the National Bullet Co.
Old September 7, 2007, 09:17 PM   #120
ludwig1138

I just ordered a sample pack ($14) of 25 bullets, got a fedex number and it says it will be here on 9/12/07.

They advertise free shipping but then charged me $4 insurance on a 25 bullet sample. You should be able to insure a $10 item for less than $4. Or am I nuts?

Any way if I'd seen this thread before the order, well ............

But I payed through pay pal, and when I sent an email inquiry about the payment, NBC emailed me right back, and it was in the evening when I emailed them.
Old September 8, 2007, 04:48 PM   #121
Frank_D

Those are just heads. You'll more than likely get them. Don't get sucked into placing a bigger order tho. Remember,, he takes your money first. I think he owes money to so many people, that no one will ship him any supplies. But thats no problem for them because he already has your money and gives you yadda-yadda in return. Not bad, 100% profit for nothing.
Old September 8, 2007, 05:46 PM   #122
TEDDY

NBC

any one live in that area that could go there and eye ball them.I bouhgt 30 cal rifle from them long ago before 2000.I was thinking of getting more but no way.the best thing would be to go there and see whats up.
Old November 6, 2007, 08:51 PM   #123
hyja1

Another Victim here

Ordered 1000 rounds of 38 sp. 6 weeks ago. Paid immediately thru Pay Pal. Sent an email after 3 weeks which nbc would reply: my shipment would be in the mail in 2 days. Same message each successive week I sent a follow up email.

Did my search and astounded that I ordered from this guy after reading what went on. My mistake for trusting. I figure I'm out of the money but will dispute to PayPal.

The message needs to get out about this company and their scam.
Old November 6, 2007, 09:04 PM   #124
DonR101395

A year and eight months and this guy is still at it.
Old November 6, 2007, 09:33 PM   #125
hyja1

What surprises me is that I found NBC through a link provided by the SASS Cowboy Action website and the link is still there.

You would think they would be aware of this situation and take the link down.
SASS has also closed several threads on NBC. What I needed to know, I found here..