The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 6, 2016, 07:46 AM   #1
Coogs

Benee1 PM's - Possible scam in response to WTB

Many of you know that I am searching for a particular Maximum. Well, today I got a PM from a new member, Benee1, with no posts by the way, saying that Brian, who is in California,can help me out. The PM is as follows and I quote

Hi Coogs,
I can help you with a lead regarding your request. Please contact Brian on
[email protected] regarding your request. He is located in California and can arrange shipping. He is trusted.
Thanks.

Got a similar e-mail/pm like this a few years back. Gave a phone number back then. Said he was from one state and the phone number was from another state on the other side of the country. I PM'd him back saying I'd be more than happy to talk to Brian once I got some pics of the gun showing me the serial number. Think I'll hear back from him? Be on your toes out there.....all kinda scammers around. I hope the Admin looks into this guy......Coogs.
Old August 6, 2016, 09:43 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Thanks for the heads-up on this. As it turns out your suspicions were correct. "Benee1" sent out quite a few PM's worded just as yours was. His IP address was an anonymous one from a group used by hundreds of spammers.

If anyone received a PM from Benee1, do not proceed with any transaction he suggested.
Old August 8, 2016, 08:41 PM   #3
Thiokol

I received the exact same PM on 8/4.