The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 26, 2016, 08:29 AM   #26
noelf2

Did you try each adapter in each barrel? Could be the way the barrels are regulated/aligned. The difference could be the barrels and not the ammo.
Old August 26, 2016, 06:27 PM   #27
Hdonly

I thought about the barrel orientation. Of course they are made to come together at a common point of aim at some distance from the gun. didn't swap between barrels. I did discover that rotating the adapters changed where they hit some.The .38 on the left did fairly well so I didn't mess with it. I was able to move where the .45 on the right came closer to where I wanted it as I moved it around. I think I may play with the distance to the target and see what happens there. As the adapters are in o-rings, maybe some sort of thin shim to change the position of the front of the adapter may zero it in. I also just removed the shotgun's extractor to keep from pulling the adapters part way out each time I break open the gun. Once I figure out the best position, that will keep them from moving every shot. The extractor serves no purpose with the adapters in place anyway. Need to get back out and shoot some more this weekend. For what they are, I am really pretty satisfied with them. Just needs some fine tuning I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-08-26-182349.jpg (61.3 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-08-26-182509.jpg (59.5 KB, 389 views)