The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 12, 2009, 07:51 PM   #1
ted 40

S&W SUPER customer service

Due to my error, I bent the cylinder yoke on an older 686-4. Sent it to S+W for repair advising them I was not the original owner. Imagine my suprise when instead of a repair estimate, I recieved a repaired gun with new parts at no charge!. I can't thank them enough---
Old October 18, 2009, 06:04 PM   #2
orionengnr

Yep. That's why so many of us are die-hard S&W fans.
I bought a 396 that the prior owned had "done something" to...took some of the finish off the frame by spilling something on it, maybe. Looked bad, shot great. I talked to S&W about a re-finish, they said send it in and we'll have a look. I was sure to let them know that it had been due to negligence/abuse, not a factory defect.

I sent it in, waited about week, and called to follow up and find out how much the damage would be. It was already enroute back to me, completely refinished, free of charge!

Pretty hard to beat that...
Old November 26, 2009, 09:43 AM   #3
abraxian

S&w service

I cracked one of the grips (wood) on my new 60-15 pro. I called Smith parts and they said to send the grip in and they would replace at N/C. They are the best.