The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 15, 2017, 07:43 AM   #1
keithdog

Sneaky Pete Holsters

I'm thinking about getting one of these for carrying my LCPII when I am wearing jeans. I normally carry my LCP in my pocket which is what I wanted it for, especially wearing shorts and a tee shirt. But my jeans pockets make for a tighter fit than I like. Plus I loose a pocket for keys and a knife. Wanted to see if anyone here has one of these and if you think it is well made. I think it looks like the cats meow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thLNOST87J.jpg (4.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: png IndexImage2.png (166.7 KB, 90 views)
Old July 15, 2017, 11:12 AM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

Well, if you do wear one - don't wear a form fitting black tee shirt that says Glock Perfection in very large letters over your fat old man belly. Saw that in the supermarket and had to have a chuckle to myself.

Most folks will probably think it is a cell phone holder. Others might figure it out.

Practice your draw with it (empty gun, of course) and see about retention.
Old July 15, 2017, 04:38 PM   #3
keithdog

Haha Glenn. Very good point.
Old July 23, 2017, 11:30 PM   #4
chaim

I've thought about one, at least for a backup. I carry too much in my pockets to want to lose a pocket most of the time. Keep in mind that even with a small gun they are pretty bulky and the larger the gun, the more pronounced that will be. Even with the little LCP, from what I've seen, they look a bit larger than a cell phone holder. Still, most people won't have any idea what they are. Assuming it isn't for a BUG, any reason you don't want to consider an IWB holster? If you do decide it is your best option, I'd love to hear what you think of it. From most of what I've heard from people who were realistic in their choice of gun for the Sneaky Pete, most owners seem to like them.
Old July 24, 2017, 05:57 AM   #5
keithdog

I could carry the LCP IWB, but that would defeat why I wanted the LCP to begin with. I carry my PPS-M2 when I carry IWB, but wanted the LCP for pocket carry, especially in summer when dressing light with a shirt tucked in. There are times though when I need to pocket space and this Sneaky Pete holster looked pretty nifty for concealed carry.
Old July 24, 2017, 07:05 PM   #6
chaim

One of the thoughts I've had for carrying a BUG is to carry two guns IWB, one strong side and one weak side. Something as small as a LCP would disappear pretty much completely IWB tucked, and would be pretty unnoticeable by the wearer as well.
Old August 15, 2017, 10:17 PM   #7
Prof Young

I had a Sneaky Pete . . . and there is nothing sneaky about it. Huge lump on your belt. Found a small man purse that I can literally hang from a key ring hook on my belt and it works much better.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old August 15, 2017, 10:59 PM   #8
Onward Allusion

The Sneaky Pete holsters work for smaller guns like the LCP, P3AT, & P32. Anything larger screams G.U.N. I have a few of 'em. One for a J-Frame, one for a P11, & one for a P32/P3AT. The only one I still use on occasion is the smallest one and that's pretty rare.
Old August 15, 2017, 11:49 PM   #9
Cirdan

Prof Young is right. The Sneaky Pete, even for the LCP, is huge (I have one). Only Ray Charles would think it was a cell phone holster. You're probably better off looking like a dork with a fanny pack. Then you can carry anything.

I generally use a wallet holster.
Old August 16, 2017, 12:16 AM   #10
Water-Man

Have you looked at the Sticky Holster? They work well for my son and I.
Old August 16, 2017, 09:23 AM   #11
Glenn E. Meyer

Might want to read about Sticky Holsters in more dynamic situations than just walking around. Greg knows his stuff.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...dig-the-rig-11
Old August 16, 2017, 11:31 PM   #12
Water-Man

I don't need to read anything further about the Sticky. I do my 'homework' before buying. Don't you?

Anything that doesn't attach to my pants/belt does not get used in an active environment. I've been legally carrying for fifty years and gained some practical experience/knowledge in the matter.
Old August 17, 2017, 07:43 PM   #13
Prof Young

Instead of a sneaky pete I got this . . .

https://www.opovoo.com/products/edc-waist-bag

Okay, it's not as fast access as a SP, but it if you get a key clip and run a key ring through the top loop you can hang the thing from you belt and it is far less intrusive. My Sig p238 and my Bersa 380 cc each fit in it just fine with plenty of room for a couple extra mags.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old August 28, 2017, 12:44 PM   #14
TRX

My wife bought one for her LCP. As people have mentioned upthread, it's substantially larger than we expected... but it can't be much smaller and still hold the gun.

On the other hand, though it's big and blocky and obvious, it meets our local standards for "concealed".

For that matter a friend used to work in an office environment; for several years he carried a full-sized pistol off-body in a box that was made to look like a Day-Timer. But that was back before smartphones; a Day-Timer probably looks like chiseling notes on stone tablets in a modern office.
Old August 28, 2017, 12:57 PM   #15
Skolnick

Water-Man >>> I do my 'homework' before buying.

One thing you might want to note is that there is no phone number on the Sneaky Pete Web site.