The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 8, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Delta4570

more .257 bob questions!

I have heard for years people talking about certain factory ammunition brand XXX doesn't chamber in certain guns... i had never given this much thought until Saturday.
>257 Roberts Remington 700 CDL SF Limited
1 very expensive box of Federal +P vital shock 120gr noslers

this would have been the second box of ammo this gun would have seen, (first 20 rounds were Remigtons did not have any problems); however when i tried to close the bolt it almost had to be forced with the Feds.

Can some one shed some light on this issue for me?? i do intend to load my own from here on out but due to the recent shortage of Brass... i haven't found any yet for this new favorite toy.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:21 PM   #2
plainsman456

I have found that some of the Federals don't have the shoulder formed just right,it makes the hard to chamber.When shot they will iron out,then you can reload them.Good Luck