The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 27, 2002, 04:17 PM   #1
johnbt

Need a schematic for a Nylon 76

I'm trying to identify a small part for my uncle and a drawing and numbered parts list would help.

I don't have the gun, so I'll pass on the description, such as it is...the small cylindrical piece under the bolt(?) that the allows the lever to retract the bolt. That's what he said.

Until I get up his way that's all I have to work with and I've never seen the inside of a 76. Numrich has most of the parts available, but no drawing.

Thanks,

John
Old August 28, 2002, 07:12 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

hope this will help

HJN
Old August 28, 2002, 08:17 AM   #3
johnbt

Why did I even consider asking anywhere else?

First I thought about posting my question at nylonrifles, then thought about e-mailing some the posters there, then considered some other options and finally came to my senses.

One post and BINGO!

I thank you, my uncle thanks you and my father, too. I bought the rifle sight unseen and gave it to my uncle because he wanted one (I figured I still owed him for the 39-A Mountie he gave me in '63 and has been trying to get back ever since )

He wanted to give it the once over and baby it and now says that he's learned his lesson - it's too complicated. The missing piece could still turn up in his basement, but he's tired of looking.

Thank you very much,

John

P.S. - Do you mind if I forward the pic to nylonrifles? They have the 66 pic and parts list available, but not the 76.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:37 PM   #4
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

John:

Feel free to send it anywhere you would like to send it. Glad we could be of help:

HJN
Old August 28, 2002, 03:09 PM   #5
johnbt

Thanks again.

John