The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 18, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1
MADISON

Smart Reloader

Has anyone had experience with "Smart Reloader"?
www.smartreloader-usa.com
Old August 18, 2010, 04:41 PM   #2
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
They are Chinese copies of tools from various manufacturers . Buy American , don't sell your soul for a buck !
Old August 18, 2010, 05:24 PM   #3
m&p45acp10+1

I have the smart reloader scale that I picked up out of the bargin cave at Cabella's. It works just fine. If you get one keep a good supply of batteries around for it. The only time mine does not give acurate weights is when the batteries are low.
Old August 18, 2010, 10:27 PM   #4
BIGR

Never heard of it. I prefer RCBS, Lee and Lyman equipment. No off brands for me.
Old August 23, 2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Elkins45

There's nothing 'smart' about buying cheap Chinese junk and weakening the quality US manufacturers who make good reloading tools in my opinion. I may drive a Japanese car (made in Canada) but I don't care about the auto industry. I DO care about the shooting industry, so I try to buy US made reloading gear whenever I can.
Old August 23, 2010, 10:52 AM   #6
overkill0084

the tumbler looks a lot like the one sold at harbor freight. The Priming tool looks a lot like my RCBS tool, but without some of the features. I prefer my scale that doesn't need batteries.
Looks like the Harbor Freight of reloading stuff, but without the super low prices. It's probably fine, but I wouldn't have really high expectations.
The prices of US branded gear isn't really that high comparitively.
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Old August 23, 2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Berry's MfG

Rotary Media Seperator

They copied our media separator to the "T"! They call is Swiss Engineering but it is a couple of Italians that have their products made in China. I met them at the NASGW Show and was amazed at how the sales reps all gave them the thumbs up.
Old August 23, 2010, 04:11 PM   #8
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
American or What ??

Elkins45 , you aren't making any sense , you are still exporting U.S.dollars to Japan !
Old August 23, 2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Elkins45

Quote:
Elkins45 , you aren't making any sense , you are still exporting U.S.dollars to Japan !
I'm making perfect sense.

1) Japan isn't China. Japan isn't an evil dictatorship building their industries on the backs of political prisoner slave laborers.
2) It's inevitable that the US auto industry collapses--they brought it on themselves starting in the late 60's. These bailouts are only throwing good money after bad and pushing back the day of reckoning.
3) The US reloading industry doesn't deserve the same fate--they have been consistently producing good products, with Lee serving in the role of a competitive force driving prices downward.

I'm not bothered by US dollars being exported as long as they aren't going to a communist dictatorship, or harming an otherwise healthy and customer-oriented industry like the shooting industry.
Old August 23, 2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Ike666

The large ultrasonic cleaner for $214 and change is an _exact_ copy of the one sold by Harbor Freight for $75
Old August 24, 2010, 11:05 AM   #11
MADISON

Never heard of it. I prefer RCBS, Lee and Lyman equipment

Never heard of it. I prefer RCBS, Lee and Lyman equipment.
I have heard roumers that major American manufacturers are having their "presses" made in China and sold here.
Old August 24, 2010, 11:31 AM   #12
Doodlebugger45

I had never heard of this outfit before this thread. I went and looked at their site and was not overly impressed by their prices. They were a few bucks cheaper than reputable manufacturers on a few items, but not enough savings to entice me to take a gamble on an unknown entity. I am glad we have Lee around to keep the other guys honest about pricing. I don't buy Lee products exclusively, but I buy enough of them to know that they don't make cheap junky stuff. On some items I will pay a higher price to get features that I know I need or want. So I just don't see how this foreign outfit will make any inroads on our domestic manufacturers, as long as we have the current competitive market in place.