The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 25, 2002, 12:52 PM   #26
Atlan T. Rex

The Story so far...

Hi everyone!

I couldn't imagine that there are so many gunsmiths on USA!
Anyway...
I just received some images from old guns and some of them are really near from the one that I saw. I'll scan them and post here as soon as possible, along with some comments, so you guys can maybe tell me if there's any chance to narrow a search on the gunsmiths, since the weapon is really a artwork.

Since some of you asked me for the whole story, I'll tell it, at least part of it.

I'll not name institutions here, but, to make a paralel, if I was on USA I would be about to enter a police department, and I saw some things I was not allowed to see, in a government gun research department. This woman was the one responsible for the department; and when she saw me she pointed that strange gun to my face.
She told me that she must have fired before asking me anything, but do asked me who I am and what I was doing there, with a big grim .
I didn't have time to think about anything, but I managed to take the gun from her hands with a fast movement; and since I was somewhat commited with my future boss, I had the cold blood to told her that she was the one who was supposed to be shot, since there were no security when I entered the room.
Once she understood I was "on her side", she got a little less angrier (still VERY angry, but not wanting to shoot me anymore); I gave her weapon back. I could say that she got very nice when angry, but she would probably shot me if I had said so...
We take our own roads, and never I saw her again.
My chief supported me with the little inter-departamental mess that occurred then; but after things calm down I leave the department; since I am more on the thinking side than on the shooting one.

Some weeks ago I dreamed about these events and got curious about the gun, so I'm trying to find some information about it or about a gunsmith who would be capable to do such gun.
Old February 27, 2002, 07:32 AM   #27
whizz

It must have been the "batgun" and the lady you met was Alfred ...
Old February 27, 2002, 12:23 PM   #28
Atlan T. Rex

Yup!

A blondie-haired and long-legged Alfred...
Old February 27, 2002, 12:41 PM   #29
C.R.Sam

Sandwich spewed on keyboard...
Old February 27, 2002, 02:15 PM   #30
Atlan T. Rex

Hey, remeber that not all the blondies are young and beautiful!

In fact, I never saw one with these "attributes" on this kind of job...
Old March 25, 2002, 10:30 PM   #31
Atlan T. Rex

Looking for gunsmiths

Hello again all!

I'm glad we're back.

Let's please forget all this story, ok? Re-reading what I wrote, I must confess that the story sounded a little silly, and I don't want to enter in the details. Of course it's not just like "ops, I opened the wrong door, please don't shoot me!"...

Anyway...

Sam has sent me some images, and I'm attaching one of them to ask everyone one thing: Every gunsmith could make a gun just like that, but with some changes on the firin' mechanism (? - I don't know the right word in english); to include a drum instead?
My point is: is that possible to narrow the gunsmiths names to a little dozen ones, just the best ones, which could make such gun?

Thanks a lot,
Atlan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maddy1.jpg (18.3 KB, 34 views)