The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 7, 2009, 08:59 AM   #1
thunderace

Belgian revolver, Colt Peacemaker clone

Hi, I have a Belgian made single action 5 shot 38/40 revolver made post 1894with the E L G and cown proof marks.It looks like a Colt Peacemaker But is a slightly smaller frame.It is missing its cylinder stop and spring.It is set up different inside than Colt and S&W.It has 2 screws in frame for hammer and trigger set in a straight up and down pattern and a frame pin about 3/4 inch in front of the trigger screw position.The cyl stop window is 1/4 inch in front of cross pin .I dont know what the cyl stop and spring look like for this .There is no screw hole under guard frame to mount a cyl stop spring Like Colt or S&W.If anyone can help me with this I would be very greatfull thanks Thunderace

Last edited by thunderace; February 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old February 7, 2009, 05:51 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

There were a lot of Colt clones made in Liege, a few even by licensed makers. Not many are seen here and they sell for very little when they do show up. Parts availability is nil unless a part for some other gun can be adapted.

My guess is that you would have to take the gun to a gunsmith who not only can make or adapt parts but can figure out the design from what is there. Unfortunately, quite a few gunsmiths today are video trained and are parts replacers, not familiar with gun design.

The second problem is that if you can find a smitty who can do the work, he will most likely want a whole lot more than the gun is worth.

Looks like a wall hanger. Sorry.

Jim
Old April 12, 2009, 07:34 PM   #3
gunnut310

I have the same gun ejector tube, ejector and grips. I would also like to fix it up an at least for a wall hanger. I would too know more about the identification of this revolver. thanks