The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 7, 2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Chris Phelps

Suggestion - Gallery

I have noticed recently (i know.. why recently?) that there is no place for people to post pictures of their firearm collections or individual firearms, just for the sake of showing the community their setups. I see random posts every once in a while in the handgun section or "the art of the rifle", but it seems like it would be a nicer format if we had a dedicated section for this.
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06
Old May 7, 2007, 03:56 PM   #2
tyme
Staff

Not technically true, just takes a bit of creativity. There's the wiki, which people are free to register on and si add whatever they want to their user page. They could even link to their wiki user page from their signature, if the usernames are different.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old May 7, 2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Raider 1

I think it might be nice to have a "topic search" or "Keyword" to avoid repetative threads. Or maybe even an faq that will help them find answers to the tech "subject or info" they may be looking for instead of starting a new thread with a question that may have been previously discussed and/or answered. Just an idea...wish I was more tech savy to have the answers already but....

Ps thanks for doin what u guys do for the site
Old May 8, 2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Chris Phelps

Raider, there IS a search. Its the 3rd in from the right on the bottom row of the blue bar on the top of this page. There is also a tab for "advanced search" after you click the search button.
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06