The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 9, 2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Nickel Plated

Opinions on Beretta holsters?

Just picked up a new Beretta 85FS nickel with wood grips as my EDC. And was looking at the Beretta holsters. They make a few for the Cheetah series.
Was wondering what people think of them? Specifically the Model 02

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ra-h...k-lthr/e01139/

It will generally be open carried at 3 or 4 o clock. Maybe pull my shirt over it when I care about being a little discreet. But i don't really care about printing.

Haven't found any reviews or forum discussions on them.

Figured it would be nice to have a gen-u-yne Beretta holster for my gen-u-yne Beretta pistol.
Old September 10, 2018, 12:06 AM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

I have no personal experience with them. But I wouldn't be too worried about buying any accessory item directly from Beretta as long as I was ok with the price.
Old September 10, 2018, 03:53 AM   #3
Old Stony

Very basic holster...nothing out of the ordinary. I think you could do better and I definitely like something that covers the muzzle. I hate the end of the pistol hanging out.
Old September 26, 2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Nickel Plated

So I ended up ordering it. Have been carrying with it for 2 days now and like it so far.

As Old Stony said. It's pretty basic but I'm fine with that. In the end a holster is just a pouch to put your gun in, how complicated does it need to be? I believe in the KISS principle. Just a simple retention strap with a snap button. Easy enough to flick off with your thumb as you grab the gun and keeps it in place nicely.

I carry it OWB 4 o'clock and it rides nice and snug against the body. The Cheetah is a bit heavy for what it is but the holster and a nice 1.5" leather belt make the weight disappear. No problem sitting in a car seat with it on. Though I might still have an extra holster attached to the front of the seat to transfer the gun into on longer drives.

I like the open muzzle design because it shrinks the overall profile of the holster so if I'm sitting in the car and take the gun out of the holster, the empty holster by itself is so small I can leave it on and not even notice it.

Overall a nice no nonsense holster if you're okay with the price. Not too many off the shelf holsters specifically fitted for the Cheetah.