The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 12, 2022, 10:55 AM   #1
Pahoo

T.C. "Patriot" question

Do any of you "T.C. Patriot fans", know if T.C. ever made/issued a cased percussion Patriot with an accessary "flintlock" lock and barrel? I know that they offered a cased .45 persussion and listed a seperate .36 percussion barrel but not the Flinter. Most of specialty product, came through "Fox-Ridge ???
Both companies no longer deal in Sidelocks. .....
Any and all input is most certainly appreciated. ......

I thank you and;
Be Safe !!!
Old September 12, 2022, 02:19 PM   #2
Hawg

I did a google image search for TC Patriot flintlock and only came up with percussion models. I'd say if they made one it's rare.
Old September 20, 2022, 03:02 PM   #3
Jim Watson

I have not seen or heard of a set like that.
A friend did have a basic flintlock Patriot .45.
We called it a "flinchlock" because it certainly amplified any lack of followthrough.
But with good followthrough, it was as accurate as about anything handheld.
And we were amazed at how fast the smoke cleared in the old (WPA era) National Guard basement range.
Old September 20, 2022, 06:43 PM   #4
Pahoo

Likely not a factory set. ..

Since my original post, my buddy sent me pictures of the boxed set. I will actually see this set, in another week. Right now I suspect it is not and original set. It's interesting to see how they milled off the percussion breech plug and installed a flash hole insert. I'll be able to see more when I see the milled area. Thanks for the feedback ....

Be Safe !!!