The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 11, 2018, 02:39 AM   #51
Carl the Floor Walker

Training with a 22.cal

I love the Pocket guns and I love training with them. Contrary to most folks. Shooting a short barrel pistol or revolver is indeed different than shooting a full size gun, no matter how you cut it.
Short barrel pistols and revolvers take diligent training for the specific size.
I put a lot of rounds each month through a Pocket gun in 380. However I put about 4 times that much shooting a small short barrel.
My favorite are the Phoenix HPA 22 and the LCR22. This training helps out considerable. The Phoenix is a wonderful gun, very reliable and great for fast action training. The LCR22 the same, and a great aid for training with my LCR9mm.

Target distance 7 yds

Review the video from the Mouse gun Lucky Gunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7IfL1TeqI

Below is a typical target taken with shooting double taps. Litterally shooting as fast as I could pull the trigger. I felt I was actually shooting before my eyes landed on the different target. UP, DOWN, CENTER AND MIX IT UP, RAPID FIRE AS FAST AS YOU CAN PULL THE TRIGGER. Really helps with point and shoot skills.
Later would do the same with a small Pico 380,

The goal is to move for one target to the other as fast as possible. Double tap, top, then bottom, one to top one to bottom and mixed it up.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; November 11, 2018 at 03:35 AM.
Old November 11, 2018, 02:43 PM   #52
Bill DeShivs

My first "real" pistol was a lightweight Browning .25, so that's what I learned to shoot with. It made using bigger guns very easy.