The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 24, 2020, 01:24 PM   #1
CDW4ME

Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere.

Of the concealable handguns owned, strive to carry the one you would want anywhere, everywhere.
Whatever is carried where "anticipated threat" is greater, carry that; yes, even for a quick trip to the store.

You're welcome.
Old October 24, 2020, 08:44 PM   #2
shurshot

Sound advice.
Old October 25, 2020, 04:01 AM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Of the concealable handguns owned, strive to carry the one you would want anywhere, everywhere.
It makes more sense for me to carry the most shootable carry gun I can conceal in a given situation rather than always just carry the one gun I could carry all the time. The one gun I would be able to carry anywhere, in any situation is my smallest carry gun which I only carry when there's no reasonable way to carry one of my larger, more shootable carry guns.
Quote:
Whatever is carried where "anticipated threat" is greater, carry that...
I never carry based on "anticipated threat". I always carry the largest carry gun I can reasonably conceal given the circumstances of the situation.
Old October 25, 2020, 09:30 AM   #4
Bob Willman

Only one gun to carry. Carry all day, every day, except official gun free zones with proper legal signage.
Old October 25, 2020, 01:59 PM   #5
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa View Post
It makes more sense for me to carry the most shootable carry gun I can conceal in a given situation rather than always just carry the one gun I could carry all the time. The one gun I would be able to carry anywhere, in any situation is my smallest carry gun which I only carry when there's no reasonable way to carry one of my larger, more shootable carry guns.I never carry based on "anticipated threat". I always carry the largest carry gun I can reasonably conceal given the circumstances of the situation.
Thats what I'm talking about.
Old October 25, 2020, 02:00 PM   #6
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Willman View Post
Only one gun to carry. Carry all day, every day, except official gun free zones with proper legal signage.
That is a consistent plan.