The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 1, 2011, 11:03 AM   #26
zombieslayer

^wow^
There is so much WRONG with that statement!:barf:
Old March 1, 2011, 11:47 AM   #27
group17

Jesamoondo
Quote:
I Recommend The S&W M&P. The Walther P99 is great. But Isn't better then the S&W M&P. And any ways the walther has problems feeding because of it's barrel lip. Also when you press the slide release, For a new clip. The Slide Gets stuck on the hammer (not all the way, but it sometimes happens).
Funny, mine has never had a problem with any of the above. I'm sure there are a few other Walther owners that might agree with me.
Old March 1, 2011, 12:00 PM   #28
JCP281

Yea I put a few thousand rounds through my 99 and didnt have a single issue... That thing ate whatever I gave it. Mags always dropped free and the slide always dropped free when I wanted it to. Id recommend the p99 to ANYONE.
Old March 1, 2011, 01:02 PM   #29
Manco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman4804
Why do you NEED the take down tool. All of mine come apart by simply locking the slide back, rotating the take down lever counter clock-wise, riding the slide forward, pull the trigger, slide off. Of course I also refuse to buy a gun with a magazine disconnect...
My M&P has the magazine disconnect, but instead of pulling out the frame tool, I just use my "pinky" finger to push down the sear deactivation lever. Then again, if you have a relatively large pinky, then it might not fit.

Regardless, I'd choose the M&P since it fits my hand better, among other considerations. Obviously fit and comfort vary by the individual.

Tags
.40 , compare , smith , walther , wesson