The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 1, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1
steve4102

Bravo Co. Takes a Stand

Bravo Company Manufacturing has decided to cancel its new contract with the Milwaukee Police Department. Very shortly after winning the prestigious and lucrative bid to replace Milwaukee’s aging patrol rifles, Paul Buffoni — owner of BCM and Bravo Company USA — informed Milwaukee Chief of Police Ed Flynn of the decision. Flynn testified in favor of a new “Assault Weapon” Ban before the U.S. Senate, and Mr. Buffoni has chosen not to do business with a man who would seek to limit private citizens’ access to those same weapons.

Understand exactly what happened: Buffoni would have made a lot of money and continued to build his company’s reputation with the Milwaukee contract. Instead, he’s chosen to side with those who are more concerned about our nation’s Second Amendment. I hope we all keep that sacrifice and dedication in mind when we make our buying choices over the coming months.

https://www.facebook.com/BravoCompanyUSA

Last edited by Tom Servo; March 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Already infracted for another drive-by, but this is worth leaving open.
Old March 1, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2
chadio

Wow - excellent, BCM!!
Old March 1, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Jeff B.

Flynn is a real piece of work. There are a number of instances where he has revealed his opinions on the nature of the publics relationship with the police.

Let's just say it ain't good.

Jeff B.
Old March 1, 2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Willie Sutton

Well Done, and I'm a local in Milwaukee.

BCM is a Wisconsin company, and I give full credit to this decision.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Sutton; March 1, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old March 1, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Dr Big Bird PhD

I still fail to understand how a Police Chief, in full knowledge of the laws he's sworn protect and the inherent limitations of his staffs' ability to curtail crime, can honestly back any form of gun regulation that is currently not already on the books.
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old March 1, 2013, 02:35 PM   #6
dos0711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Big Bird PhD
I still fail to understand how a Police Chief, in full knowledge of the laws he's sworn protect and the inherent limitations of his staffs' ability to curtail crime, can honestly back any form of gun regulation that is currently not already on the books.
Idiots come in all forms...
Old March 1, 2013, 02:35 PM   #7
JimDandy

Quote:
He works for the mayor. He says what the Mayor tells him to say, or he goes on a job hunt. While most mayors will usually appoint a police chief that resembles their political views, any differences will still usually be decided in favor of the Mayor's position. This isn't to excuse him, just to say as much if not more blame should fall on the Mayor's shoulder.

And as for the original topic, BRAVO Bravo Company. First time I've ever seen one of these announcements include a direct reference to the govt. having a business relationship already get canceled.
Old March 1, 2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Seminole

Good for Bravo Company. I've bought from them and will do so with even more gusto in the future, knowing that they put principle over profit from the likes of Ed Flynn.

Here's a column by Will Grigg about the abomination that is Ed Flynn. Flynn doesn't sound like he's just going along with what the mayor wants. Rather, the militaristic "us vs. them" attitude seems to be his own.
Old March 1, 2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Technosavant

Wow. That makes me happy I'm a BCM customer and proud owner of some of their products.

Good on them to take a stand. A bunch of the companies taking this kind of stand are doing it at what is likely very little cost (I doubt Olympic Arms was going to sell a bunch of rifles to NY Police). For BCM to do this AFTER being awarded a good contract is a huge example of "putting their money where their mouth is."
Old March 1, 2013, 07:38 PM   #10
steve4102

It's a shame though, that companies like Magpul and Armalite are picking up the slack and continuing to sell to LEO in Banned States.
Old March 1, 2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Tickling

Quote:
It's a shame though, that companies like Magpul and Armalite are picking up the slack and continuing to sell to LEO in Banned States.
Actually, that's not true.. http://www.magpul.com/ourgear.html
Old March 1, 2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Doc Intrepid

I think by committing to move the entire company, lock, stock, and barrel, out of Colorado to another state and start over again, MagPul has more than demonstrated its commitment to its customer base.

More kudos to Bravo Company Manufacturing for taking a stand. I hope this gets reported more broadly in the mainstream media.