The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 10, 2018, 05:04 PM   #1
tahunua001

suggestions for remanufactured ammo

hello all,
I am always looking for a decent deal on ammo. a lot of the reman ammo I've tried has been pretty underwhelming, however there are a few diamonds in the rough. a few years back I ordered from reman ammo from a company called Jack Ross out of Reno NV, that was some of the most beautifully polished, consistent, and accurate ammo I have ever purchased. however shortly after purchasing, they stopped selling their ammo online and have now apparently closed altogether.

I'm looking for more ammo like that, high quality, but still for a decent price point, essentially the ammunition equivalent of a unicorn. I know I can get somewhat guaranteed quality by going with a Vista Outdoor brand or something like Magtech, but if I can get something cheaper that is just as good that supports a smaller business, I figure why not?

please no suggestions for Freedom, BVAC, or HSM. lets just say, I don't want to discuss them in too much detail.
Old August 10, 2018, 06:21 PM   #2
TXAZ

I’ve burned a lot of ammo and my experience with cheap / inexpensive ammo is you get what you pay for.
Ill look at ammoseek.com and in general find a quality product in the middle price range.
Good luck in your quest.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old August 10, 2018, 06:50 PM   #3
wnycollector

I like Georgia Arms for remanufactured ammo.
Old August 10, 2018, 07:30 PM   #4
railroader

I would check gun.deals.com. New ammo is cheap right now. This week I got some Fiocci 115 gr. for $8.50 a box of 50 at Academy Sports. Free shipping over $25. That’s $170 a thousand shipped for new ammo. Same ammo here $174.99 shipped per thousand. Use NCS code when purchasing. https://www.brownells.com/ammunition...NSORED-=Itwine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by railroader; August 10, 2018 at 07:55 PM.