The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 17, 2005, 11:18 AM   #1
dlx3200

Can you make a Beretta Cx4 Storm full auto?

Does anyone have any info on how I can make my Cx4 storm full auto? Any info will help.. Thanks
Old January 17, 2005, 11:47 AM   #2
shaggy

There's two ways to do it.

1.) First, you'll need to apply (and get approved) for an 07FFL from BATF. While doing that, you'll also need to get the SOT (Special Occupational Tax, IIRC $500/year). Note that to do this, you'll probably need to have a commercial or industrial location as you'll need to be licensed for manufacture of firearms including NFA weapons. Additionally, you'll need to pay the State Department ITAR fee (up to $1750/year this year from what I hear). You'll also need to comply with all local laws and regulations regarding operation of your manufacturing business, get any local and/or state business licenses, etc.

And yes, it must be a business...

If you don't actively engage in business requiring the FFL and SOT, BATF will pull your license and you'll have to sell off or destroy ALL post-1986 machineguns in your inventory. To sell them, you'll need to find another SOT holder who can get a demonstration request from a legitimate law enforcement agency for that weapon. (not likely) Additionally, you also run the risk of facing tax evasion charges as BATF has shown they are quite happy to enforce at least the National Firearms Act under the tax code.

The alternative to all that? (There IS an alternative.)

2.) You can apply to the Secretary of the Treasury for a special exemption to make NFA weapons without an FFL/SOT but they can only be for sale to the US government. Better get some military orders together before you even ask though.

-------------------------------------------------------

Other than those two options, there is no legal way to make your Beretta full auto legally.
Old January 18, 2005, 03:28 PM   #3
Cowled_Wolfe

Location: Washington... Land of the apple, and the apple maggot!
A full auto Storm? That would REALLY kick ass...
An illegally modified full auto Storm? That would REALLY suck ass...

That being said, if you LEGALLY manage to find yourself with a full auto Storm, I'd love to see/hear about it...

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
Old January 18, 2005, 04:01 PM   #4
gifted

I recall something in a rag, it said that the action's nature isn't suited to FA, and so a mod wouldn't work.