The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 25, 2000, 02:20 PM   #1
Hard Ball

I cannoy bring up past threads or I just get what seems to be the top thread on each page but not any of the otgers. This happened this morning on General Discussion and Legal and Political. I could be doing something wrong, but I don't have this problem on some other forumst
Old November 25, 2000, 02:32 PM   #2
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

If this is something that just started this morning, have you made any changes to your computer since the last time you logged in?
Old November 25, 2000, 04:47 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

HB-
I'm getting about 30 "bug reports" a day. Far and away, most are actually a misundersdanding of the new software. In your case, I think the problem is real. However, as I've not received a single email on this issue, I think the problem may be at your Browser.
Rich
Old November 25, 2000, 07:28 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Like Rich said it sounds like it may be in your browser. I don't see how you could be doing anything overt to cause it.

Are you getting only one thread listed within the dark blue horizontal borders or are you getting the one thread and then a lot of empty space between the borders?
Old November 25, 2000, 10:11 PM   #5
Hard Ball

I just tried General Discussions again. As a test I set for last 20 days which gave 9 pages of threads. I got one thread and then a lot of empty space between the borders for each page except except for page 9 which was normal (what I see on a number of other forums).
What puzzles me, is that I have made no changes to my computer or software and I do not seem to have the problem with many other forums.
Just to be sure I just tried Close Combat and the Revolver Forums and had no problems.
Old November 26, 2000, 05:32 PM   #6
Hard Ball

What I See

On a forum which doesn't work I see the first thread on each page and then a blue bar with two pale grey bars above it. No threads appear but ocasionally there will be a fragment of data in one of the grey bars such as a name or a date. If I select show threads for the last five or ten days I see the same thing on every page except the last one which is normal and displays the threads properly.
As a test I just looked at the first ten forums on the forums display. Of the ten five worked properly and five did not, Since my browser is the same in each case is the same and I assume that the softeare which creates the thread display is presumably the same I can't see why I get this mixed 50%good-%95 bad result.
Old November 26, 2000, 07:38 PM   #7
Rich Lucibella
Staff

What Browser are you using?
Rich