The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 13, 2019, 02:03 AM   #76
arcticap

I find it strange and odd that both videos are so short.
Also that both posters do not have any other videos posted on their youtube accounts.
The 1st poster listed the link to the 2nd video the day after it was posted on youtube.
If these were shipped to legitimate customers then they seem to be among the first.
We still haven't seen any videos of either the Wrath or Bulldog models, including on the company's youtube channel or website.
It seems like a very secretive and suspicious way of doing business when a company doesn't want to fire or make any videos using their own prototypes or completed guns.
Old May 13, 2019, 06:40 AM   #77
Ricklin

I can imagine......

I sell professional equipment for a living, and have done so for decades. In fact retirement is getting closer.
Manufacturing is a tough gig these days. The business I am in requires FDA clearance for many if not all of the products I sell. FDA is just one of the alphabet soup agencies where we must have an official blessing before the product can be sold.
I can't imagine the BS that goes with manufacturing firearms. It is especially challenging for the little guy to get any traction.

The above does not excuse this vendors behavior.
Old May 20, 2019, 01:41 PM   #78
loandr.

Arcticap above is 100% correct, I call BS on the vids as well. I have spoken with the man several times with NO straights answers hence cancelled my orders for 2 Pistols as well, Will place again one day if they do surface ,which I doubt. Refund was prompt as well as communication regarding its request for what its worth.

Last edited by loandr.; May 20, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old June 10, 2019, 05:57 PM   #79
Schlitz 45

I've been requesting production updates about every month or so-I've always received a prompt response. The latest update included a photo of what looks to be Diablo frames in production & they "expect to fill all outstanding pre-orders in the next 30-60 days."
I'm still keepin' the faith & enjoying the journey.
Old June 11, 2019, 08:38 PM   #80
arcticap

That's optimistic news.
Thanks for the update.
Old July 27, 2019, 10:31 AM   #81
Schlitz 45

FYI-here's the latest update I've received:

Good news

All parts for your pistol are now complete, the production run is finished now. We need to send some items out for polishing and then finishing. The pistol in the pictures below was built from the same production run part sets that your gun will be assembled with, fit and finish is very nice and the pistols are beautiful! Note the one pistol shown has not been polished yet but is completely assembled to test fit and function of all parts in this production run, this is just mill finish parts shown assembled. The other pictures is what the parts look like when they leave the hand polishing department, and this is before Blue or Nickel finish is applied, this is just raw metal, this is a beautiful gun!

Status of your order is the parts are in polishing this week, next week they will go to finishing. Then once back we will assemble and ship to you.

Thank you
Tim

I didn't know the wait was going to be like a custom 1911 order but I'm still hopeful the 12 gauge wads, shot, & #11 primers I have will not be a wasted. I've already waited 27 weeks so what's a few more? Am I stupid or just wanting to believe that not everyone is trying to pull a fast one? Stay tuned
Old July 27, 2019, 05:45 PM   #82
TruthTellers

Yeah, I was going to say for a gun that's priced at about $500, these are looking like some sort of custom operation that costs 2 grand.

I have a feeling noelf2 and TheAtomsFam are on to something, this operation is fishy. From my time in manufacturing, I question whether they had any contract set up with suppliers to deliver the forged or cast frames before orders came in or if they even had the tooling to do the machining operations.

It looks as tho instead of getting a loan from an investor, an investor they would have to pay interest to for the loan, they're just taking money from customers and buying or paying for the work as they get the funds.

So, they take your money, tell you it's a 6 week wait, then it becomes a nearly 12 month wait. There's no excuse for that delay other than they were not set up to produce these in the beginning and lied. That, or they prioritized other work for various orders they get to produce parts for other customers that aren't related to the guns.

This is what happens when you pay to pre-order something.

I can only imagine how poor the customer service will be if there are any issues with these once they finally get into customers' hands. This honestly feels like a Hudson situation all over again.
Old August 26, 2019, 10:05 AM   #83
Schlitz 45

Update: I received notification from AGC shipping department over the weekend that my Diablo is on its way & the UPS tracking number says it will deliver by the end of day Wednesday 8-28.
I'll give another update when I unbox & hopefully a range report too, then I'll let you know if it was worth waiting for 32 weeks or not
Old August 27, 2019, 01:50 PM   #84
Schlitz 45

O ye of little faith-Brown showed up early this afternoon with a package!
Attached are photos of the un-boxing & Diablo in hand.
Came well packaged, ram rod included along with a microfiber storage bag & cloth.
First impressions-feels like a solid, well made chunk of steel. The fit, finish, bluing all look very well executed-1st negative I can say is the trigger curve crowds my finger at full cock, may have to work on this after field testing.

It's gonna be a blast

Old September 25, 2019, 10:30 PM   #85
tros6t

Black powder 12 Gauge Pistol American Gun Craft

Last edited by tros6t; September 25, 2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old October 2, 2019, 10:06 PM   #86
SHOTGUNnation

I just got my hands on one of these. I heard some people were having a wait but it looks like they’ve got themselves all caught up. The quality of this item seems top notch.You can really tell that They take a lot of pride in their product simply based on the packaging the ship it in. everything was pristine and very well kept. The item came to me just as expected and even included a very nice stowaway bag. I can’t wait to take this thing out to the range because it’s sure not to disappoint. Discussing recoil Management is kind of moot since you're able to pick your own loads. If anybody is still scratching their heads about the quality of this product… scratch no more! This thing is a winner!
Old October 4, 2019, 11:32 AM   #87
SHOTGUNnation

https://youtu.be/AUWZQd4MHFU
video link:^
I'm going to be testing this out next week so let me know what you guys want to see as far as loads go. There seems to be a lot of speculations in this thread so I hope to clear up a little bit of that.
Old October 4, 2019, 01:00 PM   #88
Schlitz 45

How about $2 in dimes in one barrel & 6d finish nails in the other for some mayhem?
Old October 8, 2019, 08:56 AM   #89
SHOTGUNnation

It’s TIME to test this bad boy OUT! I told you guys I would post some footage as soon as I got ammo. LOTS more coming in the future.

https://youtu.be/BZfafs5ZMAE]
Old October 13, 2019, 04:00 PM   #90
SHOTGUNnation

https://youtu.be/kAxzxqoJHj8
It's still rainy but hopefully this will tide you over for a couple of days. Full on loading and shootingReview coming soon!
Old October 21, 2019, 10:08 PM   #91
R.FORTE

https://youtu.be/Qmk4jy0TWzg
Old November 2, 2019, 10:06 AM   #92
SHOTGUNnation

The recoil is extremely manageable. After having fun and exploring how much power you could put into it. I decided to take it out and put it to some real use. If you are using it for closer range hunting then you're probably not going to go over 60 grains and ½ oz of shot. At least not for varmint hunting. And I figure 80 would be pretty good if you're using round ball at close range as well. Brought it along to the woods and got a few squirrels. My woods are thick and I often end up too close to several of them to harvest with my shotgun. By the time they get to a desired distance I'm shooting thru tons of brush. So this really came in handy!
Old November 14, 2019, 04:40 PM   #93
Feets1

Hello from the new guy here. I got my Diablo and I'm loving the hell out of it. It's my first black powder gun and I can say I am extremely happy with it. I hope that doesn't make me sound nutty. I've been able to fire it once. I didn't break my wrists either. I fired the right barrel with my right and the left one with my left hand. The weather here is not cooperating. It took a while to get it but when I got it I was goofy over it. I stayed in touch with GCA and I got photo updates. I have big meat paws for hands and this little guy fits just perfect in both hands. Now I'm thinking about getting another Diablo or one of their Howdah pistols. I'm hooked Any advice on powders and other loading products would be appreciated, too. I'm a noob at this. LOL
Old November 15, 2019, 12:38 PM   #94
shafter

I'd rather have that than the Judge any day.
Old November 16, 2019, 11:54 AM   #95
the Black Spot

Still can't understand why they didnt make that grip for three fingers.
Old November 18, 2019, 02:01 PM   #96
woodnbow

Anyone chronograph one of these?
Old November 18, 2019, 02:43 PM   #97
Schlitz 45

I just got an early Christmas present chronograph & plan on checking velocities on the .715" lead "pumpkin balls" soon along with some other hand loads that I'm curious about, I'll post when I gather some info.
Also got an email from AGC-they have Diablo holsters now available.
https://americanguncraft.com/product...ather-holster/
Old November 19, 2019, 08:21 AM   #98
SHOTGUNnation

Thats an INSANE amount of power. I had some surprisingly devastating results when comparing 12 gauge roundball with .45 acp.

Shooting Review and penetration testing of the AGC American Gun Craft Diablo - a 12 gauge Double Barrel Black Powder Side by Side Pistol.

https://youtu.be/zs0eVqO2qkE
Old November 26, 2019, 02:30 PM   #99
SHOTGUNnation

New Video uploaded! <2:01>

Last edited by SHOTGUNnation; November 26, 2019 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Accidental post.
Old November 26, 2019, 02:32 PM   #100
SHOTGUNnation

New Video uploaded! <2:01>
������������
I was able to add a couple of extra squirrels to the pot this week thanks to the Diablo.
Sometimes the little guys get up close and personal in all this brush. Too close to harvest without ruining the muscle. I got a little footage hunting with this 12 gauge Double Barrel BlackPowder Pistol if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/tTCdwF4cohk