The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 3, 2013, 05:19 PM   #1
TennJed

Do you have holsters for all your guns?

Do you own a holster for all your guns? I have a few of my range only guns that I do not. I transport then in a case when I shoot them. Sometimes I catch myself shopping for holsters for them, but wonder why spend the money ?
Old October 3, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2
tekarra

I have holsters for my carry guns. Cannot justify buying a holster for a range gun preferring to spend the money on ammo.
Old October 3, 2013, 05:30 PM   #3
armoredman

Short answer, yes. Long answer, some carry guns I have multiple holsters for from trying new ones over the years.
Every sidearm has a holster.
Old October 3, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
lamarw

All but one. It is a new revolver, and the holster has been ordered. Lead time is 8 to 10 weeks for completion.
Old October 3, 2013, 06:09 PM   #5
lamarw

Deleted
Old October 3, 2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Carry guns only for the most part.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 3, 2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Kreyzhorse

I do. Even for my guns that I don't carry very often such as my S&W 686.
Old October 3, 2013, 07:41 PM   #8
Sharpsdressed Man

I believe every good handgun deserves an equally good holster, and I do not mind spending the money for them.
Old October 3, 2013, 08:00 PM   #9
RBid

Do you have holsters for all your guns?

Technically, yes. I have a cheap thing for the Beretta, and the holster I use for my Glock 19 Gen 4 obviously accommodates my Glock 23 Gen 4. In reality, I carry the same firearm in the same holster, every day.
Old October 3, 2013, 08:19 PM   #10
lee n. field

Everything except the Mark II Target. Not always very usable holsters, though.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 3, 2013, 09:40 PM   #11
glh17

All but a new one and I just have decided on what to get.
Old October 3, 2013, 10:07 PM   #12
B. Lahey

Not even close, but I do have a pile of holsters, even a few for guns I no longer own or have never owned. I've been meaning to get a table at a gunshow to unload some of my less useful doodads, but haven't yet.
Old October 3, 2013, 10:07 PM   #13
TXAZ

Most but not all.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old October 3, 2013, 10:14 PM   #14
CosmicCoder

Yes, I have a holster for each of my handguns. I have three for my carry gun.
Old October 3, 2013, 11:54 PM   #15
JimmyR

All but 2- I have a Security Six and a RIA 1911 that I am still looking for holsters for. I technically have one for the 1911, but its a nylon shoulder holster, and I had it for another gun, so I don't really count it.
Old October 4, 2013, 07:59 AM   #16
Corrections Cop

I have holsters for all but 1 of my hand guns. My Colt New Service 7.5" barrel in .38-40 does not have one. I don't even know if some one makes one, but it being an antique and ammo at 35 bucks a box I doubt I will ever shoot it so no need for a holster. Plus with its size it does not make a good carry gun.
Old October 4, 2013, 08:16 AM   #17
bedbugbilly

Yes - for some more than one . . . but then I make holsters, etc. and do leatherwork for a hobby.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 4, 2013, 10:32 AM   #18
southjk

Only for my carry gun. There is no point having a holster if I'm not going to carry that particular gun.
Old October 4, 2013, 11:10 AM   #19
Beretta686

Some of friends have a holster fetish and need to have a holster for every gun, which I don't see the point for.

The only time I need a holster is at the Ranch when I'm hunting. So I only have specific holsters for guns that I carry out there. Though I also have one of those OD Green military holsters, which can carry a bunch of different guns.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old October 4, 2013, 11:11 AM   #20
dahermit

I have my own land/shooting range, so I have holsters for all of them if only to carry out to the Pole Barn/range and sit in my woods. I make most of my own holsters and when I get another gun, I make a holster to fit it and my purpose for the gun.
Old October 4, 2013, 11:15 AM   #21
BigJimP

Yes, because I like to shoot all of my handguns ...in tactical drills...drawing from a holster....( double taps, reloads, etc...)...for fun, if nothing else...

so I have holsters for my 1911's, my Sig's and all of my revolvers...

but its not as ridiculous as it sounds ...when one holster ( like a Kramer leather - which I prefer ) ... for a 1911....will fit any one of several 1911's I own in 4" or 5"...( I don't need 7 different holsters ) .....same on my K frame S&W revolvers...( I have about 7 K frame revolvers...in 2 1/2" and 4" barrels ) but I only need one good Kramer holster for a K frame...it will fit all of my guns.

I do have more than one holster for a model of gun ....like 1911's ...because I like to have a Scabbard style for training and an Inside Waist Band for carry..../ some guns, like my double stack Sig 226's I'll never carry because they're just too heavy compared to a 5" 1911 ...so I only have a scabbard style holster for my Sig 226's.

Holsters are not cheap ....but if you buy good ones / chances are you'll keep them a long time / and they'll maintain their value if you decide you want to sell the gun. That's partly why I buy Kramer horsehide leather, with a forward FBI tilt ...over the years, I've figured out it the best holster for my needs.
Old October 4, 2013, 12:34 PM   #22
Tactical Jackalope

Oh wow...I do. -___- time to sell some. Stay tuned in TFL gunshow "gear and accessories" section.
Old October 4, 2013, 02:58 PM   #23
dajowi

I have holsters for all my pistols with the except of my .44 which I don't carry.
Old October 4, 2013, 03:18 PM   #24
TailGator

Just carry guns. I don't spend the money on holsters for pistols that are only for the range, or even for the ones that are for home defense only without being carried.
Old October 4, 2013, 03:52 PM   #25
dgludwig

Quote:
Short answer, yes. Long answer, some carry guns I have multiple holsters for from trying new ones over the years.
Every sidearm has a holster.
Same here-even for guns relegated for mostly "range" use.