The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 29, 2021, 10:22 AM   #1
Scribe

Burris Scout Scope

Hi chaps,

II have a Burris 2.75 non variable Scout scope which I bought 24 years ago and it is still going strong.
It’s been on a couple of different Mausers (7.62 NATO and 7.92) and is now on a Rossi 92 with a 16 inch barrel in .44 Magnum. I plan to zero it to 50 yards with my regular hand load ( 200 or 240 RNFP at 1200 fps.) I have never had to slip the scales on this scope before and frankly am at a bit of a loss how to do it on this model.

I could find nothing on the internet and Burris were pretty vague when I emailed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:56 AM   #2
HiBC

I'd be happy to try to help but I have no idea what "slip the scales" means.

I'll take a guess, When you sight in,eventually you end up with the graduations in a random place. You would like to index the pointer on zero. Is that correct?

I do not have that exact scope. I think between us,we can help you.
Old June 3, 2021, 02:06 AM   #3
Scribe

Hi HiBC, many thanks for your offer. It seems I sold Burris short. After some delay they emailed back and sorted the issue.
Old June 3, 2021, 06:02 AM   #4
jetinteriorguy

I’ve always been interested in British terminology translated to American, could you explain ‘slip the scales’ please?
Old June 3, 2021, 11:59 PM   #5
bamaranger

translation?

Since the OP's had it off and on several rifles, his phrase must mean something regards sight adjustment........? Surely it's not been on and off multiple rifles and not needed a sight adjustment.....?

I dunno, hope Scribe comes back.
Old June 4, 2021, 06:50 AM   #6
Scribe

Hi all,
The scales are the calibrated collars on each turret. There is a marker point at the base of the turret and having Zero’d the .44 at 50 yards I wanted to reset the collars so that both elevation and windage are at 0 T this distance. Therefore, I could return the scope to a 50 yard zero at anytime by returning both collars to 0. Burris have finally advised how to do this by holding the adjustment slot with a screwdriver and moving the collars to the required point.
Many thanks for the offers of help.
Old June 4, 2021, 11:30 PM   #7
bamaranger

got it

Thanks Scribe. Best of luck with your carbine.