The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 26, 2021, 10:23 PM   #1
dgludwig

SIG Model 210 Target Pistol

I'm considering buying this pistol and I would appreciate information about it from those who have first hand experience with it. Also, what would be a fair price for a new one? Thanks.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:24 AM   #2
hammie

I bought a standard Sig P210 exactly a year ago. It is exactly the same as the target version, except it has standard grips and fixed sights. The P210 is all stainless steel with sig's proprietary nitron finish. The fit and finish are outstanding (The feed ramp is literally polished to a mirror like surface.) Zero feeding, extraction, or ejection problems. The trigger is light and crisp... so light that I got "surprised" with the first let off of a cartridge.

The new P210's are sort of a second generation pistol. The tang on the grip is longer to prevent any hammer bite, and the slide release and safety lever are larger, and consequently operate easily and positively. If you buy a target version, you can make it similar to the standard version by changing the grips and changing to shorter, standard magazines.

I paid 1300 $ for mine. The target version now lists, I believe, for 1649 $. For this area and for normal times, I would expect to pay around 1500 $ for the target version. However, at the present time, availability and prices are crazy, and so it's difficult to predict the current market price.

I love my sig P210. It would be the last pistol to go from my collection.

Last edited by hammie; May 27, 2021 at 12:41 AM.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:45 AM   #3
rock185

I've had the Target version since not long after they came out. Barrel/slide/frame are very precisely fitted. The trigger is a clean breaking ~3 1/4#, but it is two stage, which apparently confuses and/or displeases some shooters. Machine work inside and out is very clean. It is as accurate as the Swiss and German 210s I've had. Mine functions reliably with every type of 9MM ammo I've used.

As to pricing, I'd have a look at what they are bringing on internet auction sites.
Old May 27, 2021, 02:54 PM   #4
dgludwig

Thanks fellows for your helpful inputs. My lgs had only one in stock (a standard model) for $1,149.99 plus tax. I would have preferred an adjustable sight but I bought it today because, at least in my neck of the woods, new ones are very hard to find. If possible, I may add a SIG adjustable rear sight later-or not.

I plan on shooting it in the near future. I just hope the poi agrees with the poa. I don't have a sight pusher and I've never enjoyed, incrementally and crudely, drifting sights in their dovetails.