The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 29, 2018, 08:22 PM   #1
briang2ad

Palmetto State - I'm DONE BABY!

Ordered 5 boxes of Fed 22 TGT at $12/box last month and was excited - what a deal! They shipped .224 Valkyrie - 4 boxes. I called and they let me return the Valkyrie. I asked if they were shipping the .22 - they said yes. They WAITED till they got my return, seemed to wait another 2 weeks then just shipped me ONE BOX of 22 at $20. REALLY? Their op is a fraud. I'm DONE. I started with the years ago with good 5.56 ammo. No more.
Old November 29, 2018, 08:32 PM   #2
SamNavy

So the literally thousands of threads out there about how sooner or later you were gonna have a bad experience with PSA didn't sink in? For .22, just go to Walmart like normal people.
Old November 29, 2018, 09:36 PM   #3
zukiphile

Quote:
Their op is a fraud.
Years ago I ordered a complete upper with Magpul rear flip up sight. They warned that uppers may take four weeks to ship. When they hadn't shipped it in 6 weeks, I called. A girl with cheery demeanor told me they hadn't yet received my FFL. I noted that they don't need one to ship an upper. She agrred and assured me it would ship out. A couple of weeks later, I received a package with a great upper and no Magpul sight.

I suggested that they just issue a refund for a sight if they ran out, but they said it would be a problem to send one out. I got that less than two weeks later. It took me about two month to get that upper at a price no else could match, and it shoots well.

My sense is that parts of their operation are loose, but I've never had a sense that anyone at their end sought to deceive me.
Old November 30, 2018, 04:01 AM   #4
50 shooter

So you had one bad deal with them and you're done? Or was it two in a few years?

Is this a parody thread? Do you know how big PSA has become over the years? And if this just happened, you realize that Christmas is right around the corner right?

Most of the problems people have nowadays is that they want instant gratification due to the internet. No one seems to remember that before the internet, you had to wait for things and communication was slower.

How many times have you ordered something from them and never had a problem? Did you tell the world that you had good dealings with them then? Before bashing a good company that's probably swamped with orders, take a minute and think about it.
No time for rearranging.
Old November 30, 2018, 07:08 AM   #5
briang2ad

There are other BIG companies out there, and they aren't incompetent.
Old November 30, 2018, 09:37 AM   #6
FITASC

Then THOSE are who you should have gone with......
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old November 30, 2018, 09:40 AM   #7
FITASC

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/CSea...tNumbersOnly=0
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old November 30, 2018, 09:42 AM   #8
FITASC

Quote:
They WAITED till they got my return,
As do most businesses to make sure you don't lie and keep it.
Do you not understand how these businesses operate? Mistakes are made, NO one is perfect.
Old November 30, 2018, 11:07 AM   #9
USNRet93

wikiarms.com

Look at feedback..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old November 30, 2018, 01:46 PM   #10
dogtown tom

PSA is one of the most "stand up" companies I've dealt with.
While their shipping delays may be annoying, their pricing makes that the reason why.

Cheap prices, fast shipping, highest quality? Pick two.

I've had PSA orders arrive two days after placing an order and some took over three weeks.

I have a feeling that few of todays millennials would have survived the days of mail order. They are spoiled by Amazon.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old November 30, 2018, 01:49 PM   #11
SamNavy

Srsly... every company makes mistakes. Amazon gets it wrong for me about once a year. I've had a bad deal through Midway, Brownells, and Cabelas. In all cases, they've made it right, and the only cost to me was my time, which I've got plenty of.

I've had 2 bad deals through Botach, and along with half the rest of the world learned my lesson and won't shop there ever again.

Bottom line... if you want something immediately, and you want to make sure it's correct, go to a store in person, and open the package before you walk out the front door. There is really no other way to ensure you're going to get exactly what you want in the timeframe you insist upon.
Old November 30, 2018, 05:53 PM   #12
ms6852

I have ordered a few cases of ammo from them without issues. The fact that they do free shipping and their prices are hard to beat on some ammo will keep me going back to them.
Old November 30, 2018, 07:36 PM   #13
Eazyeach

I love PSA!
Old November 30, 2018, 07:41 PM   #14
FITASC

Quote:
I have a feeling that few of todays millennials would have survived the days of mail order. They are spoiled by Amazon.
Maybe because these snowflakes tend to melt before their package arrives.............
Old November 30, 2018, 09:29 PM   #15
Fusion

I also love PSA. They had problems with slow shipping in the early days, but that seems to have been fixed. They have good quality at a great price. The only time I've needed their customer service is, they've been excellent. To be fair, it was recently. I know this is also one of the areas that they've had complaints about and that they've worked to improve.

Since you still don't have what you ordered, reach out to Josiah on the industry forum over on AR15.com

I feel confident he'll get you taken care of.
Old December 13, 2018, 03:00 AM   #16
mrcharlie3531

me and a friends ongoing joke about psa. 2 days or 2 weeks. You never know when the box will arrive.
Old December 13, 2018, 07:18 AM   #17
Nathan

Maybe people should order their uppers from Amazon
-Oh wait, Amazon is too busy pacifying the masses to sell uppers.

Or maybe from Brownell’s:
-They run a ship shape operation and you will pay for that. Sometimes a lot.

Or maybe from.....look, we order from PSA because they have some outstanding deals on good products...rumor is occasionally they do not handle the orders well. I’ve just never had to do any more than wait longer than other retailers.

You certainly are welcome to buy lower quality or pay more.
Old December 13, 2018, 08:57 AM   #18
FITASC

Quote:
Not just Amazon. EVERYTHING today is instantaneous. You used to have to wait for the newspaper to read about what happened yesterday; then along came the news that was 15 minutes originally on TV; then Turner made it 24/7.
Patience is supposed to be a virtue; I think more young folks should learn how to play chess instead of fast-paced action videos and maybe they will start to realize that not everything in life is immediate
Off my soap box now
Old December 20, 2018, 09:03 AM   #19
Randy white sausage

I have had nothing but good experiences with PSA, no body is perfect so let it go. Midway once sent me the wrong barrel but made it right and I have ordered from them more than once. No need to warn people when the company tries to make it right even if it is the customer who is wrong.