The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 5, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1
jrw69

Waiting, waiting, and still waiting

I am so miffed at Buds right its not even funny. Today is day nine and my order still says "processing" with no ship date. I've tried three emails (can't talk on the phone to call, deaf disabled veteran) with no response. I've learned a big lesson and will not use them again, ever. GOG, Impact, Cheaper than Dirt to name a few, had my pistols in my hand no later than the third day.
Old March 5, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Oysterboy

Thanks for the heads up. I was browsing Bud's considering a Sigma and saw his prices fluctuating day by day. The local range ordered one for me at a slightly higher cost but all the paperwork is covered by them including the transfer fee.
Old March 6, 2012, 09:05 AM   #3
jrw69

A lot of people may not know this, but Buds updates their gun prices every 20 minutes. What that equates to me is, if there is a demand on certain guns, and these days that covers about 50 guns, then the price goes up. I was being cheap and now I'm paying for it. The exact same gun was GOG which I have used numerous times and it was flawless and gun in hand in two days. This gun was $40 cheaper at Buds and 10 days later still no gun. Like I said, never again!
Old March 6, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4
AK103K

You need to get into NFA guns and accessories. That will help you with your patience issues, and youll learn to appreciate the "short" waits.
Old March 6, 2012, 06:02 PM   #5
oneounceload

Obviously, this is one of the many guns that Bud's does NOT stock and they are waiting on a shipment from their distributor - this is how they keep prices low - by having low to no inventory and relying on drop shipments. The issue becomes then if the distributor is out, you wait
Old March 7, 2012, 10:38 AM   #6
johnbt

Just in case you don't know, there is a relay service in every state. Here's the list. http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/trsphonebk.html

The Deaf individual calls the relay number and gives them my number. The person types the message to the operator who reads it to me aloud. What I say in response is typed to the Deaf person exactly as I said it without comment or editing. I suppose it works the same way with text messages or even e-mail like it does with a TTY/TTD. Something to consider.

Works for placing take-out orders too if they don't have a fax machine or e-mail.

The service is confidential, but it was still really strange years ago to have a personal conversation with a Deaf person you're dating when there's a relay operator in the middle.

John
Old March 7, 2012, 01:07 PM   #7
jrw69

oneounce, the gun I ordered was/is in stock, had my son call while he was in town the next day and they said yes that gun is in stock, that's why I'm ******, I'm not waiting for a back ordered gun.

John, I know Relay Service used it many times. Buds "customer service" hung up on the relay operator twice, the third time they managed to tell the operator they don't accept solicitation calls and hung up on her when she tried to explain.

No big deal, in my world I am used to businesses not answering emails and handing up on relay service so this is just one more. But I can't see the justification on it being eleven days and the gun not being shipping that is in stock. You live and learn, and I have learned on this one!
Old March 11, 2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Buckeye!

Think your miffed.....I had a used gun in layaway at Buds ,they emailed me and said it has been sold !!!!!!! They then asked if I'd like to apply my $$$ to another purchase or keep as a credit...or a refund....I told them i wanted a refund...they said to call back in a few days ..the computer was down...!!!!!

I've purchased ALOT of Fire arms from them in the past..but I think this ended it.....

Jet Guns have better deals anyway....
Old March 12, 2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Buckeye!

Well I guess ,I'm not so upset with Buds ..ordered another pistol today...
Old March 12, 2012, 10:19 PM   #10
wxl

Buds can be slow but still some of the better prices if you are willing to wait. just received one from Buds (2 weeks) but will still buy from them. Last time it was only a week.
Old March 12, 2012, 11:00 PM   #11
dogtown tom

I received a gun from Bud's this afternoon.
When I contacted my customer he said Bud's still showed it as "processing".

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old March 13, 2012, 09:09 AM   #12
deerslayer303

Maybe they have gotten to big for their britches??