The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 27, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Younggun21

870 accesories

I want to upgrade my dads 870 Magnum Express for his B-Day but i don't want to spend to much and take away from the rifle fund I think he'd be happy with a flashlight set up anyone know of reliable and not to expensive ones?
Old February 27, 2010, 04:26 PM   #2
GunsAreGood

I bought a light setup a while back for my 870 express. It had a curly cord that connected to the forend so when you grabbed the gun the light would turn on. I got it for like $30. The reason I am telling you this is because I thought I got a good deal at the time but it was junk. The last thing you want to do is buy something that is going to break in a couple months especially as a gift. Also the piece they sent me to connect the light to the magazine tube extension did not work so I had to purchase another piece to get it on the gun. What I am getting at is if you are looking for a light setup I would not suggest buying something cheap. The only light setups I would recommend for a shotgun is the ones that are a whole replaceable forend with a light in it. They are (NOT CHEAP). Just my thoughts. I know I did not answer your question and to be totally honest I do not know of a less expensive good light setup for shotguns. Good luck. I am sure he will be happy with whatever you give him.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Old February 27, 2010, 04:36 PM   #3
noyes

A case or two of shells would make this dad Very Happy.................

Tags
accessories , budget build , flashlight , remington 870 , tactical