The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 5, 2014, 03:06 PM   #1
uradaisyifudo

Molot vepr 12

I am happy to report I have owned the VEPR 12 for a few months now and I am very pleased with it, I have had a few FTFeed issues which I attribute to some aftermarket 12 round magazines. Otherwise the gun feeds and fires reliably and hits where you place the front sight. I noticed a 25 round drum for the VEPR is available now, and I have been looking forward to this, has anyone tried one out yet?
Old April 7, 2014, 09:18 AM   #2
Destructo6

I've shot a converted VEPR with a 25 round drum. I was bored/in pain with it before the drum was empty. It looked a lot more fun than it was to shoot.

The Veprs are very mag sensitive.

Keep all of them clean.
Old April 7, 2014, 10:54 PM   #3
uradaisyifudo

I have yet to be bored by throwing 12 gauge down range. I could shoot trap for the better part of any given afternoon, the option to throw down 25 rounds of buckshot and slugs is appealing to me. I am shooting 2 and 3/4 shells, not 3" so really not that bad...YES I experienced magazine issues, thus the question. Seriously though? Bored before 25 rounds? I am sorry.
Old April 8, 2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Destructo6

Yep, like I said, it looked a lot more fun than it was.

I'll shoot my autoloader shotgun all day and have plenty of fun, but the AK design adapted to a shotgun did nothing for me.

The best is when guys bring Saiga/Vepr shotguns to a 3gun match. Disaster every time. At least they tried it, right?

Keep all of them clean.
Old April 8, 2014, 03:52 PM   #5
lee n. field

Not me, but a guy on another forum I follow took one pheasant hunting, and seemed pleased with it.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "