The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 25, 2000, 11:42 PM   #1
Glock_man

I am looking for a decent hand gun safe for around 200 dollars can any one help me out. i have seen one that has buttons on top that represent each of your 5 fingers and you touch little buttons to open the safe. this looked unique. Any suggestions?
thanks
ps it has to hold 2 firearms

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first.
AOL IM name: heathersman40
Old February 26, 2000, 12:26 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

I've got one of those. It's made by GunVault. While the steel is heavy enough, the locking mechanism won't win much praise and it can be forced open with a screwdriver. Dillon Products sells it.

I prefer Palmer Security Products drop box which is made of 3/16" steel, has a five button simplex lock, and costs around $120. Yes, it'll hold two guns.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt
Old February 27, 2000, 10:34 PM   #3
jthuang

Glockman, check out R&D Enterprises's Handgun Box at http://www.handgunsafe.com

It received very favorable reviews in a Gun Test article putting it head-to-head against some other fast-access boxes. No batteries to die on you at the wrong moment either.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Old February 28, 2000, 02:09 AM   #4
Big Dave

I highly recommend the R&D Handgun Safe listed above. I have one and have been very please. No battery operated locks or anything to fail when the juice runs out.

Hardcore, simple, functional. I think it's the ideal unit to have under the bed for quick access. They also have a wall mounted unit that I'd like to get.

Old March 7, 2000, 04:53 PM   #5
scott510

I registered just to reply to your post...
I had just the "safe" you mention. When my house was broken into, it was ripped out of the floor, along with a Glock 19 and Walther that were inside. The things that were not taken were those that were not seen. If you want the BEST place for a gun or two or more... go to "furniturewithasecret.com". These tables are great and you will not believe the quality.