The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 15, 2012, 10:40 PM   #1
GP100man

OOopps , I did it again !!

Last sunday evenin I was preppin some brass & had some rifle brass in a rack that had tarnished & some that needed more tumblin so I threw em in & away it goes , a nice hummin noise to drown out my tinitus, AAahh !!

Finished the brass & closed up shop ,fast forward to tonite ,I walk in my reloading room & the Lyman 1200 was still runnin I figured the motor was ready to ignite & take off like a roman candle , but to my suprise I felt it (open bottomed model & felt of the actual motor) & it was warm to the touch but nuttin like I expected it to be !!

Gotta put some timers on the go getem list !!!

Mind you my reloading room is in a different dwelling so it`s easy to leave & forget summtin or leave the lites on ,or tumbler & not see or hear until next visit !!!
Old June 15, 2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Vance

Really clean brass. Awesome. Timers are relatively cheap.
Old June 16, 2012, 12:31 AM   #3
farmerboy

Ive put timers on my tumbler on lately. I set mine for three hrs and let it go. Peace of mind.
Old June 16, 2012, 09:45 PM   #4
dickttx

I have picked up several timers for $1 each at estate/garage sales. Didn't figure it was worth it to pay $15 for one at HD/Lowes.
Don't forget, if they are 24 hour timers they will come on and run for the allotted time every 24 hours so you still need to turn them off. I know.
Old June 16, 2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Vance

Yes, but the tumbler coming on and running for 3 or 4 hours out of every day is better than constantly running for 7 days straight.