The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 11, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1
trapper300RUM

Just about Got My Ruger Paid off

I am sending in another payment on my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum 9.5" in a couple of days . I am on a fixed income & i have to make every penny bleed . I had one of these revolvers before the doctor put me out of work & while battling the SSA for my disability for seven years i had to sell it to help keep the lights on It broke my heart but my wife & kids came first . Now the kids are grown up & i will be able to keep this one for the rest of my life & then pass it on down to my son & then my grandson . I just owe $280 more on it & then the gentleman my wife is buying from is going to send it to our local gunshop & then its time to get in the loading room .I am waiting on 500 44 Mag brass i will be getting next month . Guys iam so excited about having another Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum its my favorite caliber in all hand guns

Last edited by trapper300RUM; March 11, 2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old March 11, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2
chiefr

SRH in 44 mag. Great choice & a heirloom for sure. Wish you the best.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Mauser8mm

Good For You!

.44 Magnum is a great cartridge, my favorite is the Smith and Wesson Model 29. Great gun, smooth trigger. Glad you found a gun to make you happy!!

It's better to be silent and called a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
Old March 11, 2013, 09:58 PM   #4
hagar

The gun you appreciate most, is the one that you could barely afford. I remember when I was 19 and bought my first Browning HP, took me 6 months of saving to pay for it. Enjoy your 44!
Old March 14, 2013, 12:46 PM   #5
22-rimfire

Sounds like it may be taking you awhile to pay for this one. Glad the selling individual is accomadating your situation. Hopefully the transfer will go though like a breeze at the FFL dealer.
Old March 15, 2013, 06:32 AM   #6
trapper300RUM

Paying Of Ruger

Iam getting me 500 brass next month so i can load up some & have them waiting i have 500 of those Powerbond 240 grn JHP's on order but its gonna be a while 3-6 weeks that how far they are behind on orders being shipped . I am also scoping it during deer season i almost have the scope paid off its a Simmons 2x6x32mm Pro Hunter Fellas when it all comes together rest assured that ill be getting the barrel dirty Terry has been just awesome with me on paying him & he is a good dude
Old March 15, 2013, 06:54 AM   #7
Vince44

Love the .44 and one of my next pistols will be the Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum. I have my old single action Blackhawk in .44 and a Henry rifle in .44 I love shooting that Henry rifle.
Old March 16, 2013, 11:42 PM   #8
BIG P

Congrats.glad its comming together for you.I'm a SRH fan myself mines in 454 but a SRH just the same.
Old March 25, 2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Gunbunny1

Well I guess I been blessed...

I know what its like to have to budget just to have my toys. All my friends agree. So here we are. There we are. God bless us all.
WW11 FN Browning Hi-Power 9m, F.E I. 22lr POS revolver, Sig Mosquito 22lr SA, Taurus 94 22lr revolver. My next gun.....357 magnum revolver or 45 ACP SA....so many choices so little time...hey show me that great big shiney one.....hummmm....looks like my wallet just got several bills lighter..
Old March 25, 2013, 08:49 PM   #10
czf

I hear you brother.

My unfired Wiley Clapp GP-100 will remain unfired as I have to sell it
without even popping a cap.

A $1,600 vet bill demands it.

Just wish they could have saved my dog along the way.

Glad you have your SSA and hopefully another Ruger soon.
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old March 25, 2013, 10:41 PM   #11
oldgunsmith

I got spoiled on the old mod. Super Blackhawk before there was any such thing as a new mod. Have 4 now and still haven't found anything that feels quite like them.
Old March 26, 2013, 12:29 AM   #12
Gunbunny1

Hagar I feel yer pain....

I couldn't agree more.

So here we are. So there we are. I love my guns. My BF really gives me a lot of BS grief. I think he is just jealous when it comes to my guns. I think when I out shot him...thats when I fell from grace. I love my firearms. He gives me crap when we talk guns....I hate it but well it just comes down to this....HE is expendable....my guns are NOT! I am sure you all have the same Girlfriend prollems. You or your guns! Well, which is it?

Sorry to stir the pot....you know who you are.
WW11 FN Browning Hi-Power 9m, F.E I. 22lr POS revolver, Sig Mosquito 22lr SA, Taurus 94 22lr revolver. My next gun.....357 magnum revolver or 45 ACP SA....so many choices so little time...hey show me that great big shiney one.....hummmm....looks like my wallet just got several bills lighter..
Old March 26, 2013, 09:04 PM   #13
Motownstan

Quote:
HE is expendable
Yes, find someone who shares your passion.