The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 11, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1
ChaseReynolds

Bought the wife a new gun.

Today I stopped at my lgs, one that I have pretty much paid the rent at in the last month, and picked up the wife a brand new Glock 17 Gen 4. We then went to the range and shot about 80 rds. I am impressed, first Glock in the collection. I read all the horror stories but I feel that by now they have worked a lot of the bugs out.

Granted I haven't fired many rounds through it I really enjoy the pistol. Will give update at 1000 rounds.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:54 PM   #2
ShootingNut

You like it so far, how about the wife who you bought it for, what does she think?
Old April 11, 2013, 05:19 PM   #3
PoPo1093

I don't much about the Gen 4's but I can tell you that I've carried (for work) a Glock 17 Gen 2 for almost 13 years now and have never had any problems. I can't even tell you how many rounds have been through it. Still has all original parts. I considered changing a few times but I just can't break free from it. It's never failed me and considering that I need to use it to depend on my life that speaks a lot for itself.
Old April 11, 2013, 06:04 PM   #4
redhologram

Quote:
You like it so far, how about the wife who you bought it for, what does she think?
This. What does your wife think about her new gun? Is she liking it as well and is that the one she decided she wanted after trying out various guns?

Is this going to be one she is going to try and use for a carry piece or strictly at home and range? It's a great gun, just thinking if she was going to try and carry, she might have gone with the 19, gen 4, just for a little smaller size (although I still have issues trying to conceal my 19 and rarely use it for my carry piece).
Old April 11, 2013, 07:40 PM   #5
wild cat mccane

a slip relieving what 99% of what men mean when they say it was "for the wife."

For the wife usually is season tickets to the ballet, going to kick boxing together, jewelry, etc...
Old April 11, 2013, 09:28 PM   #6
vytoland

you bought the glock pistol for your wife and you fired it and liked it. did she get a chance to fire her pistol? how does she like her pistol?