The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 23, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Sixer

H&K P2000sk 9mm

Picked mine up about a month ago and just recently had a chance to get it to the range. What a sweet shooting pistola!

I really like the features of this gun... ambidextrious everything, NO external safety, great DA/SA trigger, HEAVY DA and crisp SA, easy to CCW, oh and the ability to swap out back straps.

I sold my M&P9c to fund this purchase (hated to do it, but they fill the same niche for me). So far no regrets at all. My only gripe is the capacity. The HK holds 10 +1 compared to 12+1 with M&Pc. Given all the above mentioned features, I can live with 2 less rounds.

Does anyone else absolutely love this gun!?

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
TunnelRat

I picked up a regular P2000 DA/SA a month ago. Bought it used online, had everything in the original box, a Serpa holster, and night sights for only $625. Very happy with the purchase.

The capacity is a tad gimped like yours, only 13 rounds instead of the standard 15. It doesn't really bother me much. If you did want to do something about it, I had one idea. If you disassemble the mags the follower has a really long tail, at least on mine. I've contemplated buying another follower and trimming the tail (think Browning Hi Power mags). I think you'd be able to put a few more rounds in. The downside is the follower wouldn't be as stable, but it would be no less so than standard followers (just not HK stable ). This is basically how a lot of newer magazines squeeze out more capacity. Just a thought.
Maintain situational awareness
Old May 23, 2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Coltman 77

Congratulations on your new HK TunnelRat, you've got a top notch new handgun.

I'm very fond of my 9mm P2000 SK V3. It's a tack driver, super reliable (just devours any fmj and jhp ammo) easy to carry concealed and a breeze to take down for cleaning.

Balances well and points naturally. A very fine handgun by any measure.

Enjoy your new HK!

Here's a pic of mine:

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA
Old May 23, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Sixer

TunnelRat... I like how you think. If the mags weren't $50 + or whatever they cost, I would go home and try it out right now. Although, I guess I could pick up a follower somewhere.

Do any of the other mags ( USP, etc.) happen to fit the P2000 models? Or would a 9mm P2000 13rd mag work in a P2000SK?

ETA... I won't tell you what I paid for mine, might make some people jealous I'll just say it was about what you would pay for a used Glock... couldn't pass it up.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old May 23, 2012, 04:20 PM   #5
TunnelRat

I'm fairly certain the fullsize P2000 mags will fit in yours. I could have sworn I've seen pictures of that, in fact I even think they make a little adapter that will fill the gap that is left.

You can buy the followers separately on HKparts.net. For that matter, the P2000 mags I've seen are more around $35. You want expensive mags? Talk to me when you get a HK45c.
Old May 23, 2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Sixer

Quote:
You can buy the followers separately on HKparts.net. For that matter, the P2000 mags I've seen are more around $35. You want expensive mags? Talk to me when you get a HK45c.
Are they more than my HK P7 mags!? Hahaha, I could sell those and buy a new gun H&K certainly make some expensive magazines all around, but they are quality.

Thanks for the info! If I try the follower thing I'll let you know... and I appreciate the mag source

Old May 23, 2012, 05:00 PM   #7
TunnelRat

Quote:
Are they more than my HK P7 mags!?
At $60 a pop just about. I've got 5 of them. I can't bring myself to buy more.
Old May 23, 2012, 06:59 PM   #8
PSP

The P2000sk will accept the P2000 and USPc 13 round mags. I use them as is for general range use and as mentioned, HK supplies the X-grip to slide on the mag tube to fill the gap.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:21 PM   #9
ScotchMan

I have been trying to buy one for over a month. Where did you find one? I have every website I'm aware of setup to notify me when they get them in.

I can find the LEM version, but not the v3, 9mm, P2000sk.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member
Old May 23, 2012, 11:26 PM   #10
TunnelRat

Quote:
I have been trying to buy one for over a month. Where did you find one? I have every website I'm aware of setup to notify me when they get them in.

I can find the LEM version, but not the v3, 9mm, P2000sk.
You need to try harder amigo.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=287735873

Here's a used one too:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=288198962
Old May 23, 2012, 11:31 PM   #11
ScotchMan

Touche. I usually ignore Gunbroker because every time I've found something on there I want, they won't ship to NY. That one looks ok though.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member
Old May 23, 2012, 11:35 PM   #12
TunnelRat

Quote:
Touche. I usually ignore Gunbroker because every time I've found something on there I want, they won't ship to NY. That one looks ok though.
Ahh yea I can see how that would be an issue. Still always worth a look though. The deals that come up there sometimes can be pretty nuts (though that's just retail price). That's how I got my P2000 , so I knew they usually have a few for sale.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Sixer

I got lucky with a local FTF purchase... I had been wanting one for a while and it just kind of fell into my lap. Doesn't happen like that often... but when it does, it's impossible to pass up.