The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 30, 2007, 12:09 AM   #1
FR Baseball

Give me the scoop on weapon mounted lights

Ok guys heres the deal. I just purchased my first railed handgun, a Kimber TLE/RL II. I don't know squat about weapon mounted lights/lasers, but I want to equip this pistol with both. I'm sold on the Crimson Trace laser grips, but am unsure as to what light I should go with. Streamlight, Surefire, Insight? Which one has more holsters designed for it? Which one is brighter? More durable? Give me some recommendations for which one you would go with and why. Thanks.
Old November 30, 2007, 12:16 PM   #2
PPGMD

Probably the most common weapon mounted light is the Surefire X200 series which has recently been replaced by the X300 (which is slightly different shape wise).

Anyways your best bet is to find a holster company that makes a holster you like, and makes ones that hold guns with lights. And find what light and gun combinations they support, and purchase accordingly.

That being said there are very few holsters for gun with light that are suitable for the average person concealing their firearm.
Old November 30, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
shooter_john

'Round here the most common lights are Streamlights, particularly the TLR I. I have two of them, as well as an M3, and strongly recommend the TLR. IMHO, the TLR is the SF X200-300 minus $100. And no I'm not anti SF, I have two other SF lights which go wherever I go.