The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 1, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Jon Powers

Revolver Grips for .38 Special

Looking for help from you guys. Just recently attained a Arminus Titan Tiger .38 Special from my Grandfather. It's no S&W, but none the less i love the gun. (sentimental value) It's a snub nose and has a super short grip on the frame. I've been experimenting with making my own grips but am looking for a professionally made grip. Does anyone know where i can find one. And also if there aren't any out there if like say a grip for a k frame round butt Smith and Wesson would fit my frame. Can post photo's of the gun for anyone that wants to see it and of my grip I made.
Old June 1, 2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

Due to the low price of the gun no one ever made any replacement grips for the Arminius.

The grip is specific to the gun, so no other grip will fit.

All I can suggest it to buy some wood and make a better set then the ones you've already made.
If you want a checkered grip and can't do that, an acceptable and attractive substitute is to stipple the wood.
Old June 3, 2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Jon Powers

thank you for the info. after awhile of looking around i found that the EAA windicator roundbutt grip will fit with no slips and wobbles. only needs slight modification to the top of the grip for a perfect fit.

Tags
.38 revolver , arminius , custom grips , grips , revolver grips