The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 21, 2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Manedwolf

Sportsman's Guide GP-11 ammo - Bait n' switch, or just sloppy

I get the latest catalog in the mail today, and I see...Swiss GP-11 for K-31, 480 round battlepack for $159.97! Wow! A good deal!

I go to the website. I enter the item number. (try it) JX7X-77537

It comes up as:

JX7X-77537 - 480 rds. Swiss Military 7.5x55 Ammo
$159.97
Was $234.97 Club Price $151.97

Ah, so it went down in price! Cool! Add to cart.

What's this? Once added to the cart, it's back up to $234.97!

I call them instead, and explain that. I'm told "Oh, it says that due to an increase in component cost, it's that price."...

Really. So the catalog sent out just now, the new one, is wrong, and the website, which shows the low price as "new", the high price as "old", is wrong...but they still ask if I'm interested in it!

Hardly! It's cheaper than that from AIM!

I ask to be transferred to Customer Service. Nicely.

It transfers to...a disconnect.

I think I'm done with them.

-------------------------------------------------

Followup: They've updated the web page back to the high price, now, but the latest catalog just arrived today is completely wrong. Even the artwork calculates "33 cents a round!"...which is at the low, and not available price that doesn't exist.
Old August 21, 2007, 07:23 PM   #2
oldbillthundercheif

After I placed one order for some fairly scarce ammunition that they had a good deal on I got a phone call from them. They told me that they could not let me buy it unless I joined their stupid club. There has never been anything on the website or in the catalog that specified you had to be in the club to buy something, but they had me over a barrel on this one.

I wanted the ammo so I paid the stupid $10 to join their worthless club. It only saves you a few pennies here and there and gives you no break from their insane shipping scam...

I hope the $10 was worth it for them as I do not plan to ever buy anything from those fleamarket hucksters again.
Old August 21, 2007, 07:44 PM   #3
contender6030

I don't get it, all these complaints on Sportsman's guide lately??!! I've been ordering stuff from them for going on 15 years now and never a problem. I just received an order from them about a month ago, got some really good deals on some 22 mag ammo and a couple pairs of boots. Maybe I'm just lucky??
Old August 26, 2007, 10:39 AM   #4
wun_8_seven

they were bought out by a french company
Old August 26, 2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Eghad

I havent ordered any ammo lately and I belong to the buyers club. Every order from them has been shipped promptly with the exception of a few items on which I was e-mailed, called, and a notice mailed to the house. If you are going to buy over a $100.00 google up SG Coupons and you can usually knock another $10.00 off. I ordered an item today and with the buyers club and a $5.00 shipping coupon I saved $2.00 over what the shipping cost is.

NRA Life Member