The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 3, 2013, 01:45 PM   #26
Spats McGee
Staff

As a general matter, we avoid using terms like "libtard," "commie" or "pinko" in reference to large sections of the population . . . such as entire states.

I've gone through and cleaned up a couple of posts, and I'd sure appreciate it if this thread would get back on topic and in compliance with forum rules.
Old June 3, 2013, 01:53 PM   #27
Gaerek

Quote:
Upstate NY has two things I like, viz. snow and mountains. It's a travesty of justice to let the politicians drive us out of some of the best places in the country. (California, Colorado, NY, etc)
My favorite area in the whole world is in the Sierra Nevada's around the Donner Pass/Truckee/Tahoe area. I haven't been there in 15 years though. I hate travelling to/from/through California.

EDIT: Wrote Reno instead of Tahoe. Whoops.
Old June 3, 2013, 03:33 PM   #28
FoghornLeghorn

Quote:
My favorite area in the whole world is in the Sierra Nevada's
Definitely. My favorite place is in the Sierras around Strawberry/Sonora Pass. I used to go camping and fishing up there.
Old June 4, 2013, 03:52 AM   #29
Backwoodsboy

Thank you Spats, and I apologize. I already have my first three handguns picked out, first one is already paid for and waiting at LGS for me to pick up. It is a Beretta 92fs. Had one issued to me in the marine corps and have wanted one ever since. Then comes the s&w 629 classic with 5.5 in barrel I have on layaway. Next is a Browning buckmark 22. I haven't had my permit a week and my list of must haves is already growing!
Old June 4, 2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Biner

Congrats, Backwoodsboy! Enjoy your new-found freedom.

richardcorey said:

Quote:
But what would life be if you said "OK I'm full up now I can stop"??? There's ALWAYS one more handgun or one more rifle that is just begging to follow you home, and ain't it fun to keep looking?
I'm pretty much full up, with no must-haves left on the list. OK, well, except for a 1911. I don't have any of those. Yet. So yeah, I guess you are right.
Old June 14, 2013, 10:43 PM   #31
S&W-Keeper

Glad you got it, and in NY, wow.
Old June 15, 2013, 04:53 AM   #32
Rey de Copas

Congratulations !!!