The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 18, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1
GI Sandv

Trigger Guard Holster/Vanguard

Has anyone used Raven's Vanguard (I or II) "holster," or another manufacturer's similar model? I have been looking for new holsters for both my XD9 service (4" barrel) and PM9. I'm wondering how people like it. Does anyone have any problems with their weapons staying seated when using this type of carry? Any issues with moisture that can't be taken care of by wiping down from time to time? It's getting warm, so I'm considering stuff primarily for summer carry.

Thanks

Kahr PM9, Springfiled XD9, Browning BPS 12Ga., Browning SA-22.
Old March 18, 2012, 09:36 PM   #2
captbahbah

Trigger guard "holsters"

Glock Tech makes the MIC, Dale Fricke makes the Zacchaeus. I've used both. Prefer the Zach. The MIC has this extra move with the gun hand on the draw. Check out their video. Great idea. The problem is in determining the right length to knot the cord. The longer the cord, the better the gun sit IWB, but gun won't release on the draw because the cord is too long. The shorter the cord, the gun won't sit deep enough IWB, but the gun will release on the draw. Trial and error to find a happy medium. Good minimalist carry but tends to shift IWB with prolong wear. I've used it in conjunction with the Clip Draw and gun was more stable IWB. Make sure to position the gun IWB so you can achieve a good combat grip on the draw. Hope this helps. Also, using this type of holster at range is a hassle because you need both hands to reholster the gun. Keep that finger off of the trigger and watch your muzzle!

Last edited by captbahbah; March 18, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Tags
holster , iwb , mexican carry , trigger guard , vanguard