The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 11, 2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Coyote WT

belt holsters

I've searched the forums a few times but can't seem to get any insight on this.

I'm in the market for a belt holster for a Ruger P95. This isn't a concealed holster but one I can use for various training classes. Most of the places have some basic requirements that are designed to keep the barrel pointed down so no shoulder, back or cross draw style. Other than that, I have no idea what I should be looking for in the way of material, design or brand. I would like some kind of magazine carrier as well as either a component of the holster or a separate unit.

I welcome education and suggestions. Oh, if it matters, I am right handed.
Old April 11, 2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Check out the Galco 3 Slot COP holster. My buddy uses one for his P95 and loves it.

Galco makes very nice holsters, this one is leather, that hold up very well. They aren't the cheapest out there, nor the most expensive but for the money they'll last a heck of a long time.
Old April 11, 2011, 11:13 PM   #3
ClydeFrog

Standard belt holsters; Ruger P95 9x19mm...

If you want a regular range or field type holster for a Ruger P95 pistol, I'd check here; www.GalcoGunleather.com www.Blade-tech.com www.Bianchi-intl.com www.NatchezSS.com www.Highnoonholsters.com .
A simple black nylon Unkle Mike's belt holster would do fine. A Bianchi UM92 III type military holster can be worn with a flap or with a thumb break. The metal clips are annoying but it can be also worn in many ways(tanker, SAS or leg, crossdraw etc). The Bianchi military holsters include a free cleaning rod.
The synthetic High Noon styles are available & easy on the wallet. I think it's for sale in the Ruger P95 9mm but you'd need to check. Galco has a number of rigs and is a main source for Ruger pistols; www.Ruger.com .
Old April 15, 2011, 12:07 AM   #4
E,T,

Holster for Ruger P95

Sir; I have two from American pride leather co. from a site called holsters for less,brown or black,left or right for around 23.00. I use one for my Ruger P95 and one for my Taurus PT 92 AND FIND BOTH ARE GREAT FOR concealed or open. Take a look. Hope you like it, Ed Taylor,Moss Point Ms.

Tags
holster